“Horrible”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Santa FE Grill
Reviewed 15 February 2015

I bought a shrimp cocktail that looked like baby food,tasted horrible n it had 6 little old nasty shrimp drained in ketchup and vinegar. Also ordered a virgin bloody Mary and was charged the same price as one having alcohol. Manager said there was nothing he could do about it that's just the way they do. My friend purchased CALDO DE CAMARONES (SHRIMP SOUP). It had very few shrimp and was just cauliflower and broccoli with lots of juice. Tasted like cans of Campbell soup. Overpriced horrible food!

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I think I may be nice in giving it two stars. Like someone else said, the chips came out in a stainless steel bowl that looks like my dogs bowl. Really weird. My husband got the shredded beef chimichanga. It was alright but nothing special. I got the ground beef tacos...with salt. A LOT of salt. It was horrible. I ate one of three. My husband, who loves salt, even thought it had too much salt. He didn't want them either.

The service was awful. We went at 3:00 on a Sunday afternoon when there were two or three more families there. Our waiter quickly took our order and brought our drinks. It didn't take long to get the food either. But that was it. We never got refills of our drinks. He never came to see if we needed anything. In the end, we flagged down another waiter who brought us to go cups and told us he would get our waiter to bring our check. Our waiter walked by our table again, went to the one next to us and began taking their order. While he was talking to them, he leaned over and handed our bill to my husband. Of course he didn't say anything to us, he was taking the order at the other table!

We definitely weren't fans. We won't be back.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

The wait staff at Santa Fe is outstanding! Everyone is friendly and helpful. The owner is always there, often waiting on tables himself. The food quite good and reasonably priced. Our family eats there about once every week. We have never had a single problem with the food. The atmosphere is excellent with a bright, colorful interior, good music on the radio and sports on the tv at the bar. If you want to watch a game and drink some beer, they have eight beers on tap which blows away most other bars in town. The special on saturday is $7 for a pitcher. The salsa is always excellent and slightly different depending on who makes it. The desert selection is more extensive than average with about eight items to choose from, not just fried ice cream or flan. I think there has been a change in ownership within the past year, so some of the older reviews may no longer reflect the current high quality served up at Santa Fe these days. Try it out!

Reviewed 30 October 2011

We were happy to find this restaurant on Restaurant.com... we'd gone before and really enjoyed it so we looked forward to going. We happened to get there not long before closing. There were people at one other table and the emptiness seemed to emphasize the tired & worn interior.

When the food came, the waiter warned us about the very hot plates... but they weren't hot and the food was barely warm. I had to ask the waiter THREE times for a straw even though by then he had no other customers to take care of.

Some employees were standing around talking and one or two started putting chairs up on the tables, sweeping the floor, etc., in preparation for going home. That was understandable since they WERE closing, but we really had the feeling that they were about to sweep us out the door and that they were too busy closing the place to render good service. It was a relief to leave.

The food itself was mediocre. There are much better places to go for Mexican so we won't be back to Santa Fe Grill even with a coupon or discounted price... just wasn't a very pleasant experience.

1  Thank Linja
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Good service and reasonable prices. Food was good and location in mall was convenient for shopping afterwards.