“Dinner and Dessert”
Review of Von's Bistro

Von's Bistro
Ranked #26 of 715 Restaurants in Mobile
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

This is the place!!! I eat here a lot and highly recommend it. The food and the people won’t let you down! The staff is great! From my server Rob to the open kitchen with smiling faces. Tonight I ordered the beef pho, wontons, and spring rolls.... then had amaretto cheesecake that was to die for!!! I then placed a to go order to take home for the weekend which consisted of pad Thai nachos. Y’all have to try this place! You will NOT regret eating here!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Had dinner and drinks with friends. Nice selection of craft beer and good bar options also. Pork spring rolls were very good. The chicken pad tai was special. Everything was priced very reasonably. This is a great spot for a small group or couples to enjoy a special night out. Nice atmosphere and easy to hold a conversation. Staff was very attentive and friendly.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

I’m in town for a conference and my family was able to come along. I had the Beef Drunken Thai Noodles at the top of the pictures) and loved it! The beef was tender, the veggies just slightly crunchy (just right, not soft and over cooked), and a good amount of sauce so the noodles were truly “drunk.” My wife had one of the chef’s special for the day, Seafood Pho, a Vietnamese Pho with shrimp and crab meat (actual crab meat). She really enjoyed it but the bowl was so large I had to work on it as well... we still ended up taking some home! My 10yo daughter had the Southern Hog tacos. She liked them but they were a little to spicy for her (a small glass of milk from the server helped her to finish them). We finished off the evening with the bread pudding... I STRONGLY suggest leaving some room for this! The only negative was that they were out of the accompanying vanillin ice cream. Loved it, will be on my list for my next visit to Mobile.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

Went to have lunch there Saturday. My wife had the filet with goat cheese, I had the pad tai and the fried green tomatoes and we had bread pudding for dessert. The fried green tomato’s were thin and crispy and good but wish they came with come back sauce instead of ranch. The pad tai noodles were very good, the steak was solid, but the best part of the meal was the bread pudding. The price was about 80 bucks. I would recommend

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Only a block and one half from the Battle house hotel. Von is the cook & owner, adding Asian flare to local seafood dishes. The Jambalaya made with fried rice is unbelievable. We had lunch & went back for dinner. The Thai lettuce wrap is outstanding. A full bar is available. Ask for Yancie, she knows the menu & great service.