See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on Friday night, September 14. The room was a good size for a hotel. The floor was dirty and gritty. Overall, the room was in poor condition. Most notable was the air conditioner, it was filthy. Although the air conditioner kept the room cool, everything felt damp/moist, uncomfortable. I do not recommend this hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2018

I thought the place was great. Cost like $70 and was about half a mile from where my Carnival cruise left. I paid an additional $60 to park my car in their lot for the 5 day cruise, price included shuttle back and forth, beat the $90 the cruise was asking for. My kids enjoyed the pool, the area was very safe and nice. Honestly thought it was a great value and would go back in a heartbeat. Donna at the front desk was great, told you Donna, Mike from Chicago would give you props.

Stayed: August 2018
1  Thank ruby2626
Reviewed 12 August 2018

This one needs a GPS to find. There doesn't seem to be any street signs on Church St. But once there, it is a great location, clean room, friendly staff and perfect for a walking tour of Mobil, AL. Once there my stay was good, I thought it would be noisy but at 10pm everyone seemed to be quite and asleep. I walked to a restaurant on Dauphin Street, which was a plus. Good food, as usual in the South. And quiet streets for walking, friendly people, and I got to see a night parade of bicycles with lights along Dauphin Street. What a great treat for a person alone, that was just traveling through the city. Thanks Mobil and Quality Inn for a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Second floor seems to be the best.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Frances V
Reviewed 7 August 2018

The front desk clerk was very kind and helpful. The room smelled old, it was old. You could tell that it probably used to be a smoking or pet room. The floors were fake wood which looked nice, but it was obvious that they weren't clean because every time my kid stepped on the floor then got on the bed he brought dark hairs up with him. The condition of the room was not horribly dirty but also not comfortably clean (there were stains on the covers, chewing gum stuck to the wall, hairs in the bathroom, dried urine around the latches on the toilet seat...). There was a group of men visiting the same time as us who had a party and were yelling outside until 2 a.m., there were trains going by often throughout the night blowing their horns... it wasn't a restful night. We only needed a room to sleep in for one night, and it was very cheap, so it was fine for that However we would definitely shell out a few extra dollars next time to get a quieter and cleaner room elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Our first room, the handicap shower room was musty, moldy and noisy from the ice and vending machines immediately outside. We changed to the opposite side on the second floor. That transition went smoothly but then...

I noticed that my wife's feet were black from walking on the laminate floor in the room. The floors were filthy. We called the office and they said they'd "take care of it". We caught the housekeeper the following day and asked her to do the floor as she made up our room. Not only did she not do the floor, she didn't even make up the room at all. We called the office and told them we were taking the soiled linens and trash and leaving them outside the room (we actually left them inside the room).

This is an old hotel that has had a paint job, now with numerous moisture bubble spots where the paint has not held. It is generally run down, the breakfast area is too small to expect seating. Mold is pervasive and housekeeping is seriously lacking with no visible management control. The only things going for it is that they offer park and cruise and a good central downtown location. My guess is that given a good enough real estate offer, this place is history.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family