“Very good food and service, well worth the visit”

Briquettes Steakhouse
Ranked #17 of 746 Restaurants in Mobile
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed 23 August 2015

Went for a late lunch expecting a near empty restaurant. Much to our surprise there were only two empty tables and the place was hopping. We all liked our food and there was really nothing to complain about. The onion ring app was likely the best onion rings I've ever had, the Rib Eye was cooked to perfection and the Chicken Strawberry Salad was outstanding.

Portions are good but not over the top and the service was top notch. Only reason this isn't a five overall is because there are some small things they can work on.

1  Thank Steven B

Reviewed 10 August 2015

Briquettes is a fine dining experience. Seating is limited, so arrive early or make reservations.. The prime cuts of steak are cooked and seasoned to perfection. All of the sides dishes are generous portions and delicious. I can't give anything other than "high praise" for Briquettes. The food is just excellent.The servers are kind, courteous, and full of smiles. If you save room, you'll find the deserts are excellent as well. Come hungry, leave satisfied!

2  Thank Darrell P
Reviewed 22 July 2015

The steaks are excellent. Prices fair but not cheap. Good service. The downside is that it is crowded. We went on a weekday night and the place was packed. I can't imagine what it is like on the weekends. They don't take reservations but they are very accommodating about taking call ahead seating requests.

3  Thank Frederick L
Reviewed 13 July 2015 via mobile

My husband and I love trying new places. I had heard about this place from some friends and told my husband about it. He said sure we will try anything once. Yes the wait was a little long but after 45 mins (it was 7pm on the weekend so yes it was going to be crowded) we finally got our table. Service was excellent. Food was out within 15 mins or so from the time we ordered. Which, honestly for a prime rib isn't long at all. Everything was exactly how we ordered it and cooked to perfection. Great taste. We'll worth the money and wait. We will be going back in the near future!!!!

2  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed 9 July 2015 via mobile

I recently had a chance to treat my father to Briquettes for father's day and the ambiance of the place was awesome and the food was even better. It was a little pricey but well worth it. The Salmon was like no other and the steak! Yeppers on the steak! Seasoned and tender.

2  Thank Kimberly P