“Please, if you value your health and safety--DON'T STAY HERE!!!”

Emerald Palms Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #41 of 64 Hotels in Mobile
Reviewed 1 August 2011

This is the most disgusting place I have been in EVER! Filthy, filthy, FILTHY!! 1st room we got, bed was messed up--clearly slept in, trash in cans, lint & paper bits on carpet, used soap next to sink, room was stinky, dirty marks all over walls, cigarette burns all over bedding. 2nd room had a beeping smoke detector, air conditioner didn't work, sliding glass door was broken and had a piece of wood slid into the bottom track to kind of secure it, phone was covered in grime, more cigarette burns all over the place, dry wall was falling apart, again dirty marks all over the walls and foul odor, but here's the clencher--ready? I am dead serious here--a prior guest must have had explosive diarrhea because it was still on the WALL next to the toilet!!! I know, we should have left at this point, right? But here's the thing, we were leaving on a cruise the next day, we had driven from IL and we pulled into Mobile and our Serpentine belt breaks on our Jeep!! Tow truck driver tells us there is a hotel right next to the Jeep dealer we can stay at and abandons us there (he must not have liked us very much). :o( It is like 11 PM when we arrive there. So we figure we are stuck. So anyway, on with the 3rd room, which was the last straw. We get in the room, it is slightly (and I do mean SLIGHTLY) better that the last 2 rooms, at least bed didn't appear to be slept in, no fecal material on wall, but still grungy looking with the fould smell. Next thing you know, some college age guy walks in our room, with a key! He says sorry, this is the room they gave me!!! That was it!! Couldn't take it anymore, went to front desk, said we were leaving. Clerk offers us another room! We declined and went to the Holiday Inn which seemed like heaven! There is something else, that you need to know. There were these thugs hanging outside & inside the building. The one guy was eyeballing me when I was outside smoking a cigarette waiting for my husband to get a room when we first got there. He left for a minute, then appeared around the corner of the opposite side of the building and was staring at me again. I started getting really scared. Later on, my husband told me that the thug on the inside was hanging around the front desk. He said the guy on the outside came in & upon passing the inside thug, said our room number!!!! I was terrified!! Of course I didn't know all this until after the fact. My husband was not aware of the guy outside, staring me down. He just thought it was strange that the guy said the number of our room to the other guy. So, this nightmare took about an hour, so we had to call a cab at midnight to take us to the clean Holiday Inn! Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that the hallway outside our room smelled like urine, there were maggots on the carpet of another hallway, and there were people that looked like prostitutes and crack heads milling about the hotel, and I swear some kind of bugs were biting on my legs while standing in the rooms (couldn't see anything, but I think it was more than just my imagination)!!! I actually was reduced to tears while in this place for an hour! Absolutely the only time in my life that I truly feared for my safety! So please, do NOT go to this place. It should be closed down by the health dept and the police need to raid this place for drugs and prostitution! RUN!!! Run far, far away!!!

Room Tip: Absolute worst hotel EVER!
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank teresalew

Reviewed 22 June 2011

the hotel is not bad and the staff is friendly positive and helpful...and it's located in a decent location in mobile

• Stayed: January 2011
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I stayed at the Emerald Palms Hotel and Conference Center last Sunday night and it was excellent. The staff was extremely helpful and the breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank dbradymobile
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The receptionist Tanya was very friendly and helpful with any question I had

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 13 June 2011

The room was so cheap I was expecting a lot worse than what I got. Good value.

• Stayed: June 2011