“Excellent Nyonya Laksa”
Review of Bulldog

Bulldog
Ranked #1 of 826 Restaurants in Melaka
Price range: USD 10 - USD 50
Description: A contemporary take on Peranakan dinning. Smaller portions, more options. Act Fast. All items are limited. Reservations will only be taken before operation hours.
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I keep coming back here for the aromatic Nyonya Laksa!
Yes the food here is a little pricier compared to other local eateries, but the ambiance here is top notch. Clean, comfortable with a modern style.
I also enjoyed the cendol. The ice was very finely shaved and not too sweet.
My kids love the calamansi juice here. I appreciate that the menu has a few kid friendly items like ayam pongteh, different options of omelettes, sausages, etc.
I didn't give it full marks for the following : The otak-otak was not to my liking, I find it a little dry. While the service is friendly and attentive, my noodles took a little longer than what I'm used to. But this won't stop me from coming back here or ordering the Laksa again!
The location is convenient if you are staying at any of the nearby hotels. If you are driving, parking can be trickier to find from the main road. But there's more available closer to The Shore.

4  Thank juju_rara

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

We were booked a table here by Trailfinders and it’s probably a good safe place to go to for visitors. The food seemed fine to me, but I am not an expert on Malaysian cuisine

1  Thank philip t
Reviewed 1 March 2018

We visited this place on a recommendation and found the whole experience a very pleasant and happy one indeed. From the interior design that was minimalistic (with some modern nyonya touches), to the really friendly and highly professional service (we were even 'given tips / advice' on our portioning), it was all good.

This is not to mentioned the aromatic, flavour filled food / dessert that we had (Nyonya Laksa, Belacan Okra, Pai Tee, Ayam Pongteh, Cencaluk Omelet and Cendol). The taste was also slightly different as the staff explained that it was a personalized family's recipe.The portioning was smaller than the average shop as stated in the menu, "small portion, more option". This works out perfectly for us.

We also found the price very reasonable for what we had there and would highly recommend anybody looking for a good nyonya food with a twist!

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was a great find, just behind our hotel so it was good to go on a very wet evening and also to escape the madness in Jonker Walk. Food was excellent especially the Ikan goreng with chili. Portions are not big (even the rice is small) but it is all tasty. They do not serve wine though but will allow you to byo albeit at high corkage cost. They do have beers and spirits though.

1  Thank intrepid2458
Reviewed 11 January 2018

We visited this place due to its good reviews.Food was not bad.But was not fantastic either,especially for its price range.Most of the people who came either a foreigner or married to a foreigner, whom don't really know the authentic original taste.
Service is very good. Staffs are polite and nice. Place is also good. But we came for the food...

1  Thank Nuve21