All reviews sofa bed spacious room poolside suite oak restaurant salt water swimming pool jonker street pool side the river night view executive floor small kitchen dining table free shuttle breakfast spread kids pool long queue city view
Reviewed 11 December 2015

stayed here on dec 6th-8th 2015. i hv been here several times before to enjoy their food at oak, but this is my 1st time staying here at the pines and i must say it was a great experience with a funny start as my daughter was actually crying when she saw the hotel premise as she thought we are going to hv another meal (again). LOL. she refused to get off from car til i convinced her that we r going to swimming pool. The front desk guy (forgot his name) is very polite n thotful. he even offered a baby coat since we r having a toddler with us. we stayed at level 8, overlooking a heritage view, sg melaka, and kg morten. From our room, can clearly see the pool a level below, and that really cheer up my daughter. she loves the pool and the playground. she even asked me if we can stay there again later. LOL. And for me, i love the room layout, the furniture, built in cabinet, all the fits n finishes, the bathroom is a decent size. the room itself is big, very big i must say. definitely a big yes if u hv a toddler or kid that keep on moving here n there. there are some minus points i must say, ie; tv should be located near to sofa bed for easier viewing, some basic cutlers should be provided.

oh my, did i mention the bath towel? it was awesome. the bed too. :)

the breakfast spread was at ok side. nothing much to shout bout (*hoping an authentic melaka dishes, kueh n stuffs) but i love the staff attitude, from the bell man, to the main front desk to those at oak restaurant. kudos to them. keep it up. i will definitely come back.

i hv stayed at several top hotel at malacca, and i must say the pines has a charm to be the best

Room tip: ask for heritage view
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
thepinesmgmt, Director of Sales at The Pines Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your compliment on the services and facilities of the hotel and your comments have been shared with our associates. We hope you will visit us again soon and we look forward to welcoming your family to the hotel.

Reviewed 10 December 2015 via mobile

Smooth check in process. I just parked my car in front of the hotel to check in. I was impressed with the staff. She's very polite and made me feel very comfortable. When entering the parking, I had to take the parking ticket but during my stay, I just had to use the room key card and I really like the concept... very convinience. No problem at all with the parking. You can go straight to your room from the parking area with the elevator and you need to use your room key card. Very safe...
The room was really spacious. With the sofa bed, it's extra comfy for the four of us. My kids slept on the sofa bed. The room and the toilet were clean. Just that, there's funny smell in the toilet which I couldn't describe.
The swimming pool was good and my 2 kids really enjoyed themselves. I didn't take the breakfast so I can't give any comment. There were a few cafes in front of the hotel and no problem at all to get food. I really had fun staying in the hotel and definitely I will return.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank ShaJohor
thepinesmgmt, Director of Sales at The Pines Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comment and we are pleased that you have enjoyed your recent stay with us. We will continue to look at improving our services and facilities as well as conducting additional training for our associates to better serve our valued guests in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you are planning your return stay in the coming months.

Reviewed 8 December 2015

After searching several hotels and reviews, we chose to stay on this hotel for 2 nights on our short visit in Malacca. It was a right choice and the hotel is new, clean and spacious (I believe the biggest room for a hotel in that area).

Swimming pools are clean and nice. If you have kids, they will enjoy the pool and the playground on the same area.

The location for me is perfect for it is not exactly in the center so it's not so crowded. Going to popular tourist destinations will be a 15-minute walk.

The price is cheap and affordable for this level of hotel considering the cleanliness, room size, amenities and service but breakfast selections needs improvements for it only have a limited choice.

This hotel can definitely compete on the higher-end type hotels!
If I can go back to Malacca, I will definitely book on this hotel again without any second thoughts! Highly recommended!

Date of stay: September 2015
thepinesmgmt, Director of Sales at The Pines Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2015

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review and we are pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

Our rooms are indeed the biggest in Melaka at 45sq.m and we have received many positive comments on this area.

Our Chef has also been notified on your review of the breakfast and will look into improving the selections.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us again if you are planning a return trip.

Reviewed 7 December 2015

I stayed twice in this hotel, both for weekend getaway from kuala lumpur. Once in the deluxe room( national day weekend) and 2nd time at the poolside suite (last weekend)
Pros:
- spacious room, comfortable bed, sofa bed included in the room
- rainfall shower with working water heater
- spacious and secure indoor parking, no hassle for big MPV
- there is a mini market and "teh tarik place" at the opposite building
Cons:
- staying at the pool suite might be noisy. Kids woke up early to play in the pool with lots of noise.
- pillow is too soft, I had to sleep with 2 pillows, asked for extra pillow, no hassle given
- check in was very slow when we stayed during the merdeka weekend. Waited for 1 and half hour to get our room ( we arrived at about 330pm that time). Hotel was fully booked that time.
2nd time we arrived at 7pm and check in was faster.
- lift is at the end of the corridor. If you get a room at the other end then u have to walk long.
- lots of flies at the breakfast area. Staff should keep the cleaniness and keep the flies away

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your support and we have taken note on the area for improvement from your recent stay with us in the Poolside Suite.

We have increased the frequency of misting in our restaurant area to control the flies and our stewards have also been doing additional cleaning to ensure we contain the problem.

We look forward to your continued support and please do not hesitate to contact us again if you are planning a return trip to Melaka.

Reviewed 6 December 2015 via mobile

This was a weekend extended family get together. My sister booked 5 rooms for all four siblings' families and my mother.
The hotel is a brand new tall slim building which you will not missed from far.
The parking area's ramps are wide enough for big MPVs to pass through without much hassle. There was ample parking lots.
The lobby is simple with only a small lounge are which serve as a meeting point for us before our trips outside.
The room was spacious with a sofa bed making our stay for my 5 member unit family fairly comfortable.
The hotel was new hence there was no major maintenance issue with the furniture and electrical equipment.
The room safe was a bit unusual, so I mistakenly called the front desk to look into it thinking it was faulty. The maintenance staff came over explained on how to use the safe, but from his body language was a bit irritated.
After a late morning excursion to the sites in Melaka, we came back at 2 pm to find our room was still being made. I felt that was a bit late since we left at about 9 am.
The is NO gym. The swimming and wading pool is of moderate size for family activities, but you cannot do even a 25 meter lap in this one.
The opposite building houses a Teh Tarik place outlet if you are craving for afternoon tea or a late supper.
In short, it is a decent place if you are looking for a launch pad to explore the historic sites of Melaka, but not if you are really looking to unwind yourself. Personally I would look for somewhere else if I am in Melaka again for business.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your review of the hotel and have taken note on some of the areas for improvement including on the housekeeping servicing.

As the hotel building layout is insufficient for us to have a bigger pool, we have provided a separate kids pool and the extension of the Poolside Suite pool area to cater for the higher usage especially over weekends.

We do hope you would consider us again for your next visit to Melaka and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can of any further assistance to you in the future.