USD 57
USD 58
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 51/night.

Free cancellation until 22/07
USD 64
  • Pool
USD 51
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 61/night.

Free cancellation until 25/07
USD 173
USD 147
Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
USD 194
USD 180
Priceline
All reviewsstraits suiteswimming poolwalking distancesuite roommassage shopstong shengcar parkdeluxe kingfree upgradehighest floorbig bathtubdining tableliving hallsmall fridgemalacca straitsmahkota paradepleasant stay
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Stayed at the Straits Hotel and Suites last weekend in the Deluxe King room. We had a room on the 19th floor with a wonderful view of the sea. Room was comfortable with all the necessary amenities e.g. fridge, flat screen tv, kettle with tea/coffee etc.

There was an bad odour from the bathroom so I had housekeeping to re-clean the bathroom and toilet..issue was resolved.

Very convenient location with lots of restaurants opposite and close by. A RM5 uber ride to Jonker Street.

Small pool on the 23rd floor as well a restaurant/cafe beside it to enjoy a quick snack and few beers.

Will consider staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SurinBalwinderjit
RudiFP, General Manager at The Straits Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear SurinBalwinderjit,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travellers and I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I apologise for the unpleasant smell experience you have encounter and I am glad that you have satisfied with our staff actions.

Hope will see you again soon!

Regards,
Rudi

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I went to this hotel and ate an ala carte food for only rm15.90. Its really affordable and the taste was good. The cafe is next to the pool on 23rd floor. I was served nicely by ms rahayu. Hotel should keep this staff.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
SM D, Manager at The Straits Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Dani A,

Thank you for your reviews. Your compliments has been forwarded to Ms Rahayu. It's encouraging to hear such good comments from you. We hope to see you back here again soon.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Rooms are nice, clean. Friendly staff, EXCEPT breakfast restaurant receptionists are worst I've ever seen. Ms. Rahayu waiting for us, and with her cold face ask us to show room card cover. I told her I lost it, please check my room number on the list. She said, NO, OUT, and waved her hand towards the door. I stepped forward and told the lady who kept the room list my room number, she didnt care to look but say that I MUST show the key cover. I tried to convince them I am tour leader and I really lost it, so please check my room number. They insisted. Its my fault to loose the key cover, and I dont mind skipping breakfast. But their attitude and service were worst I've ever seen. It seems like we were begging for food. I was upset and will never book to stay in this hotel again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
SM D, Manager at The Straits Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Dear TIEN N,

Thank you for taking your time to share your valuable reviews. We are very sorry to hear that you are not satisfied to the services that were provided by The Straits Hotel and Suites. Firstly, we apologise on behalf of staff whose customer service is lacking. We already forwarded your comments to the head of department & she will be send to customer service training to polish her communication skills.

Lastly, we will continue to review carefully and continue to improve the quality of our services to all of our guests. We do hope that you might consider coming back again in the future. Thank you.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

staff very friendly and helpful .. and the room very nice view ( premier suite ).. a lot off food around this hotel.. shopping mall and historical buildings also nearby..easy to take beca..this hotel very strategic location..recommended

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo

Dear Ijam L,

Thank you for your review. Our entire team is delighted to read your review and pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at The Straits Hotel & Suites.
We hope to see you come back here again soon.

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Went to the 23rd floor of the straits hotel & suites to have my lunch. The view is awesome, the pool is great and the food was quite nice. The lunch set is in an affordable prices, not too expensive. And, definitely worth with the price.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sok Yin T

Dear Sok Yin T,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with other travelers. We are very happy to hear that you were satisfied with food and facilities that were provided by The Straits Hotel & Suites Melaka! Looking forward to welcoming you back!