“Best Place to Stay in Melaka!”
other travellers have booked this property
Our Private residence where home cooking class is held.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Our Private residence where home cooking class is held.
Malaya Nasi lemak
Veggie shrimp stir fry
Our sweets
Spices and ingredients
Malacca Town
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Nikkie G
San Francisco, California
“Best Place to Stay in Melaka!”
Reviewed 3 October 2014 for a stay in January 2014
person found this review helpful

I had the pleasure to stay with this lovely family for three nights! They cooked delicious Malaysian and Yemenis dishes, lend me their bike to stroll around town, and shed tears when I left. I feel so lucky to have had the chance to meet such wonderful, generous people and hope to meet all of you again on my future travels to Malaysia!

Marion C
“Most Comfy place and Warmest people of Melaka”
Reviewed 30 September 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Staying with Os and Hassa has been an incredible experience. When I travel, I love discovering the culture and the traditions of the country through people and this was definitely an opportunity to do so. Hassa's cooking skills are just incredible! The fact that they could drive me around Malacca and cook for me made it a proper relaxing and enjoyable holiday for me. The whole family is extremely friendly, warm, hospitable and welcoming! It has been a unique experience for me! The room was comfortable with air-conditioning, ensuite bathroom and clean bed sheets. I cannot wait to go back to Malacca again!!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Geronimo7...
Hamburg, Germany
“Superb Hospitality”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Stayed here in February 2014 with my girlfriend and we loved it. Os & Family are very nice people. We felt truly welcome from the minute we arrived.
Os` wife is a great cook, she prepared unforgettable meals and together with Os introduced us not only to malaysian food.
Their son Achmed drove us around. He`s a brilliant tourguide.
The room is basic but okay.
Their muslim religion does not allow consumption of beer, cigarettes etc. Go outside then, no big deal.
Superb Hospitality. Very enjoyable.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
gl_mart_7...
Publier, France
“perfect malaysian family”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Everything was perfect with Os and his family. They are really really kind, welcoming and the food was excellent.
I also learn to cook Malaysian food.
In the evening the family played with my son and we spent great time with them.
They can organise everything you need for your hollidays.
Do not hesitate to meet this malaysian family, you will learn a lot on the local life.
We will never forget them !

Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
douglasme...
Kandy, Sri Lanka
“a wonderful short stay with very caring and interesting hosts”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 for a stay in March 2014

The hosts did everything possible to make my stay comfortable and interesting withthe added availability of the hosts son driving me to various places of interest. There is a lot o see in the area and although the house is not centrally located, transport was arranged for me wherever I wanted to go. Also as a vegetarian I really enjoyed the food and was never left hungry. i hope to visit again some time.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing