See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

This resort is very big and it has a huge Club House nearby. It is fully carpeted in the bedrooms and convention hall. It has a very big restaurant and it serves nice food. But, it needs to be upgraded as some of the facilities are old. The cleanliness needs to be increased too. Its quite dusty.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Ongbb
AFamosa_ResortHotel, Manager at A'Famosa Resort Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Ong BB,

Greetings from A’Famosa Resort, Melaka

Thank you for taking the time to review A’Famosa Resort, we do appreciate and value your feedback this helps us to improve and identify areas of need. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the issues that you have endured during you visit and we have taken your remarks to heart and we hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to A’Famosa Resort during your next visit to the state.

Reviewed 27 March 2018 via mobile

We went to the Hotel Superior and it was not as bad as I thought. We were a family of 2 adults and 2 children and we went for 2 nights. The room had a new feeling to it. We got the ground floor unit facing our car. That's convenient for us. However, room telephone and fridge were malfunction. Even after they changed the fridge it was still not working. But luckily that was not my big concern. Their staffs were very pleasant. Felt appreciated as a guest. The breakfast was ok. Potato masala was excellent. Nasi lemak not so good. Local coffee was nice. Dissapointed with the egg station. They prepared the omelette before hand and I couldn't order one without onions. It was not like other hotels where you can order how you want your omelette to be.The rest is average. On 2nd night we ordered room service. Food came not as how I expected a room service supposed to be (having priced as such you would have expectations). Zero presentation, they didn't even bother. It was packed food from the club. Taste was ok.

The fish pond at the club was a nice touch. Beautiful kois available and they provide fish food for rm1 per pack (although you need to ask the staff for it. It's not readily available).

We went to both water world and safari (each in 2 days separately). Their entrance fees included lunch meal, which I think is worth it. Food in water world was ok, safari not so much.

My husband and children had a blast in waterworld. I didnt go in the water, was manning the fort at the seating area. You need to tune your patience to a higher level here coz some of the patrons are not quite civic minded. The place is clean though.

I was impressed with the bird show in safari. Birds were beautiful. The safari truck was a nice experience but wouldn't go again. Animals were mostly lazying around but it could be because it was in the afternoon, so no biggie. Reptile house was dissapointing. Very warm, gloomy and dark.

All in all the kids had fun. This place definitely needs a fresh upgrade. Everything looks run down. The staffs were nice and pleasant. So our vacation was not bad.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
AFamosa_ResortHotel, Front Office Manager at A'Famosa Resort Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear bodyq82MF

Greeting from A’Famosa Resort,

Thank you for being our guests and much appreciate the plus points highlighted. We are always exploring ways of elevating guests’ experience further hence do feel free to share any specific improvement ideas to us directly at directorate.group@afamosa.com. We hope to have another opportunity to be of service again.

Kind Regard, Hotel Manager

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

We was checked in 2 bedrooms condo for family trip during school holiday. First impression in the lobby, as old and not expecting any excitement during our stay. Parking area - insecure, dusty and seems long vacant, lift temporary closed during my visit. End up we choice to parked in open area instead of condo's parking lot. Lift to condo feel insecure being the operating sound too loud. Condo is spaciousness but poor in maintenance. 2 bedrooms condo can accommodated 5adults + 2kids for bed sharing. Overall room light too tim, room is not clean, floor is dusty, bathtub look not maintain. Toilet flushing system not good. Switch in sufficient and some is not working. Maintaining old water heater, not filtering system in water supply. The only positive is the aircond although is small and old but cold enough. Mattress is comfortable.

1  Thank Cheryl-TMF

Dear Cheryl-TMF,

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I've check in for a meeting in Melaka bringing my family along. The room offered are quite big but there is an old hotel smell when I enter the room. The hot shower does not work. Don't feel the hot water although had open it all the way. Anyway the food just ok although we had to walk from the room to golf Terence restaurant.

Reviewed 27 February 2018 via mobile

I planned a 2 nights stay in A'famosa Resort for a business trip but ended deciding to cut it short after one tough night. I can deal with its outdated facilities but certainly not a poor air conditioning ammenity. The air condition has been set up to 10 degree celcius with the highest fan blast but i ended sleeping in sweats. So that concludes it all.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Cocca L
AFamosa_ResortHotel, Manager at A'Famosa Resort Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Dear Cocca L,

I am sorry to hear of your disappointing stay and appreciate your feedback as such information will assist us in our efforts to continually improve all aspects of our product and service. Whilst we are unable to undo the unpleasant experience, kindly rest assured that appropriate remedial action will be initiated to improve guests’ comfort. It is most unfortunate that we did not meet your expectations and we greatly appreciate your kind patronage. My colleagues and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back for a more satisfactory stay in the near future.