See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 July 2012

On our way back from Melaka to Singapore, we decided to make a detour to A'Famosa. We spent a night at the Resort Hotel and visited the Water Park the next day. Plenty of parking spaces and check-in at the hotel was ok (slow pace, but could struggle if there were more guests). The place was of similar standard (not well maintained) to those average out-of-town Malaysian hotels. Once we have checked in, we realised that there weren't much going on in this place. We drove within the resort and noticed many badly maintained villas. We spent the rest of the afternoon doing nothing and waited for dinner time. We walked to the Club House for dinner, but menu was limited and its food was bordering average to terrible. Time seemed to stand still in this place, and we couldn’t wait until the next day so we could get out of this place. In my opinion, A'Famosa is used by locals as a gathering place with family/friends. Definitely not a place for foreign tourists.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank MacLik
Reviewed 23 July 2012

I stayed in the bungalow, for the Doggie Carnival event. Overall, good. The bungalow comes with a swimming pool and quite a big compound. The inside is spacious, and well lit, with TV, AC, hot water and relatively-comfortable beds. The swimming pool was a bit dirty with fallen leaves and dead bugs, although a cleaning filter is provided. The cleanliness around the pool area was a bit disappointing - discarded styrofoam plates, most probably left by previous guests. If you don't intend to have meals within in the Resort F&B areas, it's a 10-15 min drive to decent food shops and 20-25 mins to Tesco and McDs.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Prav101
Reviewed 14 July 2012

Surely not to be visited again! we were put down by the quality of rooms.. But tried to make up for it by doing whatever the hotel had to offer - horseriding, go karting (my son loved it!), shooting, archery! But rooms and pool are pathetic!

Room Tip: Shouldnt be choosing any room :)
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Geeta P
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I stayed at the D'Savory so called luxury apartment on the 1st - 3rd June 2012. I've been putting off writing a review on the place as even the memory of staying there could make me feel so angry and cheated. I rate the place as terrible as there was not an option for anything below terrible in the rating scale.

We chose to stay at the place as it was near my niece's new college. We were sending her off so decided to find a place nearby and a place that have some activities for the little ones as well. We did not go for the villa as the pool is not fenced and I was worried about the safety of my 2 yr old.

First : The check in
The check in is ridiculously slow and inefficient. The small lobby was packed and it took nearly 2 hrs for us to get our room. The staff were not friendly and seemed tired and disgruntled. There is only 1 lobby situated away from the apartments and it's the check in place for ALL of the apartments ! We had to go to the apartment by car.

Second : The Apartment
It truly looks like a council flat to me with with ONLY 3 lifts that smells of urine and one of the lifts was not working when we got there. Guests had to queue just to get on the small lifts !!!! The swimming pool is also situated near the lobby and there was just one for ALL guests. Needless to say that it was small and we did not even bother to go and have a dip there.

Third the ROOMS !
The apartment size is decent enough. The doors were broken, the floors were tired looking, the curtains were not even straight. Our nightmare started when we discovered that the flush in the master bedroom in the 3 bedroom apartment was NOT WORKING and there was PREVIOUS TENANT'S POO in the toilet!!!!!! The aircond was also not working and the room was hot. We called the maintenance dept for them to come and they said they will send somebody. 1 hour later we called again and the person said they had no idea that we made a complaint and would send somebody, Another hour went by and we called again and this ( different person ) also said that somebody would come. By then it's nearly maghrib and we went down to the lobby to ask. We stayed at the lobby for 1/2 hr before they promised again that they will send somebody ( who came just before we go out for dinner and the nighttime show at cowboy town). The person had the cheek to imply that WE might be the ones who broke the flush and "some people do not know how to use a "push" style flush button" (excuse me but the toilets in my house all have push button system) and he knows nothing about the aircond complaint but will send somebody while we were out to look at it.

We came back at 12 midnight only to discover that the aircond in the master bedroom was still not fixed and my sister and her husband had to sleep in a humid and hot room that night.

In the morning we called again regarding the aircond and we went out for breakfast.

The breakfast
You have to go to the waterpark area for the breakfast at the so called lakeview cafe ( more like a-peek-to-a-green-murky pool cafe). This means driving there and having to pay RM 3 for parking just to get your breakfast!!! and the food ..err.. what food? Lucky my grandma and parents were not with us for this trip because it was a loong downhill walk to the cafe and uphill climb back. Most definitely for the young, not for those with arthritis or physical disability.

The Aircond
The maintenance people came and was in and out of the room 5 times ( ringing the bell everytime) before deciding that the COMPRESSOR has to be changed. AND THEY DID! THEY CHANGED THE AIRCOND COMPRESSOR WITH US IN THE ROOM !!!! I went to the lobby and spoke to Mr. Kent the manager and he was not even apologetic and did not even offer to change our room. When I asked him to change our room he said "give us an hour". When I asked him if he has any rooms as they seemed full for the school holidays he said " That's my problem, not yours ". Goodness! Any other decent management would have promptly said sorry and change our room or upgrade you to another room for the inconvenience they caused to our family.

The management
While waiting for them to get back to us regarding the maintenance people (in the lobby during the 1st day), we observed that the room division manager -a person called Ms Wan actually shouted to one of her staff in front of us just because the staff did not hear her orders. She was upset as the guests she was attending to was Middle Eastern people and she clearly said " why haven't you done it yet. can't you see that they are foreigners ? " She did not even try to conceal her sour face in front of us but smiled amicably to the foreigners. Now, foreigners might come to your place once in their life, Malaysians can come every weekend if they want to. We pay the same amount of money and was she implying that we must treat foreigners better than the locals ? Was she out of her mind to say that in front of us? My brother in law was planning to stay there every time he comes to visit his daughter but he too would never stay there again.

I swear if i had not paid for the 2 nights upfront and was not with my sister's family as well, I would have packed up and leave but to think of the hassle to claim back my money which means having to face the stupid management again and to move 2 families out is not a good option too. It's seriously overpriced and the headache's not worth it. Needless to say, I would NEVER, EVER stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
15  Thank ia_ismail
Reviewed 12 July 2012

oh my..where should i start..well,it was a very bad stay overall, from booking till the checking-out process.firstly my friends and i booked a superior room with 2 'queen'(which turned out to be just a couple of inches wider from a single bed) beds, but the sales person gave us 1 deluxe room with 2 single beds for the 4 of us.so we decided to book 'apartment with 2 rooms'(as stated in our booking confirmation), and we paid before the check-in date.upon checking-in,we were given the superior room and seriously, the hotel didn't train their staff to smile and looked at us like we have done something wrong.we were tired because of the 6-hour journey so we accepted it and decided to call the sales person later.
the room was not welcoming at all, the door can be ruptured easily without having to use the key-card and it couldn't be close tightly.it was quite worrying because the room is quite secluded.the bed is small,i've mentioned it earlier,it was just about 2 inches bigger than single.there were only 2 towels,and when we requested for another 2,the lady wanted to charge on us,so we told her our story about the booking,luckily she understood.the bathroom is in poor condition,the water is dirty and smelly.the toilet is not clean.water from the shower is verrrrrryyyyy slow,so you can imagine how the 4 of us coped with that. the TV wasn't working,so we called maintenance unit,no one came until we checked-out.
we asked a hotel staff (she wore a rubber slipper and spoke to us with mouth fulled with food) where is the breakfast area,it is far from our room and the breakfast was bad,nasi lemak,noodle,uncooked scramble eggs and they were tasteless.
oh yes,we couldn't get in touch with the sales person, and didn't get our receipt which she said she'll email it later,which up till now,no news from her.i don't think i'll go there again or i'll stay somewhere else and just go to the other attractions (water park,cowboy town,etc.)

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends