A'Famosa Resort Hotel Melaka
USD 59*
USD 91*
  • Pool
USD 66*
Casa del Rio Melaka(Melaka)
USD 187*
Hotel Puri(Melaka)
USD 48*
USD 44*
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I am a Malaysian Licensed Tourist Guide, I was engaged to took a family from Singapore for a 3D/2N stayin A Fomosa Resort, and on the 2nd day I took them to the Safari, my tour group member are make up of a great grand mother who is 86 years old, a mother 68 years old, daughter and husband both 40+, their son 8 yrs and 1 year old little baby.
My responsibilities as a Tourist Guide that day was to take care of this group, especially taking care of the 2 elderly as both of them walk very slow and have to be support as they have rheumatism problems. Big problem arise cos I was refuse entry to the theme park as I was told by the park staff that I didn't book earlier, so they insist that I as a License Tourist Guide to buy the ticket at walk in price if I want to be with my group that need my assistant. No matter how much I talk to the Staff by the name of Ms Ng she still refuse to let me in, for my group of guest after waited for me for more than 40min (while I try every means, like if I can't go in can the resort sent some one to assist the group, ) the answer I get is ' than you have to Pay for the assistant'
At the end, my group leaved the Safari without spending their time there because they just can't manage. Just a words to Ms Ng, u will get old one day and need assistant like the great grand mother and for your information this might be the great grand mother of 86 years old last trip to your Resort and yet she didn't get to enjoy her day there. All other staffs are all very helpful and try all means helping me to talk to Ms Ng and Mr Chong but both still says 'NO' .
No wonder my friends says they will never visit A Fomosa cos they says the animal sud not be kept, what more me myself experience with unfriendly staffs.
Hope the management of this resort could do some thing to improve the resort, FREE advertisement by moth to mouth is better than paying big amount of money to advertise your Resort.
And please respect the Tourist Guides that are licensed by the Ministry of Tourism. So far none of the tourist place in Malaysia that refuse the entry of Tourist Guide, because we are everywhere to help promote Malaysia.
The date was Friday the 9th of September 2011.

From Malaysian License Tourist Guide.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
11  Thank Lee2011_11
AFRM, Guest Relations Manager at A'Famosa Resort Hotel Melaka, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2011

Dear Sir,

Referring to your feedback above, we would like to extend our sincerest apology for the inconvenienced caused on your last visit to A'Famosa Resort Melaka with your guests

Your feedback had been forwarded to the respective department for the caution action to be taken. We nevertheless appreciate your feedback and we hope that our shortcoming would not place us in your permanent disfavor.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 8 September 2011

My family n I checked-in at the famosa resort hotel on 2nd september. We took the 2 queen bedded deluxe room facing the garden.

The room was nice n big but we didnt have enough towels. So we asked for an extra towel from the reception. I was quite shocked that they charge RM 10 for each towel.I requested an iron for us to use and was promptly slapped with a RM25.OO on my hotel bill for using that iron. Hrmmphh!! We also ordered food to be sent to our rooms. The price was exorbitant and I wouldnt hv minded if it tasted good. The problem was it was totally horrible. The fish n chips was tough and tasteless and the french fries was soggy and oily. The so-called marinated chicken wings with honey was actually fried chicken wings soaked in salt and tumeric powder. My 12 year old could hv made something nicer.

I have been to A' Famosa before this. We had been here 4x over the past 8 years. We stayed at the family apartment on our first visit. By the third visit we started to notice that the place got quite runned down and there was a lot of problems eg the lifts were sometimes not functioning and we had to walk up to the fourth flour to our rooms. The lobby at the apartment units had rubbish strewn all over the place.

On 2nd sept 2011, I had no choice except to stay again at A famosa simply bcos we had a family gathering nearby and A' famosa is the most convenient place for us to stay for the nite. I decided to try out the resort hotel thinking that myb the resort hotel wont be as bad as the apartment units. How wrong I was! On top of everything the aircond was very noisy it sounded like a motor-boat. The only way to keep the aircond quiet is by switching it off!

It is sad to see this wonderful place going downhill like this. It is otherwise a nice place to stay and I still find the Animal Safari and The cowboy town a suitable place to spend with my kids...of course the last time I went to the animal safari and cowboy town was 1 year ago . Hopefully it havent got worse as well!

Room Tip: dont expect too much if you decide to book-in here
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank drzaikk

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for staying with A'Famosa Resort for numerous times.
Referring to your feedback above, we would like to extend our sincerest apology for the inconvenienced caused on your last visit to A'Famosa Resort Melaka.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 5 September 2011

My family and I stayed for 3 days and 2 nights. Dirty rooms. Dead lizard skeleton not cleaned throughout our stay. Trash outside villa was full when we checked in and remained uncleared till the day we checked out. Pool water was cloudy, dirty and full of leaves. Bedsheets in one of the rooms had cobwebs. Aircon in one of the rooms was not working so that room could not be used. There was supposed to be another family joining us but had to cancel because their room was not useable and despite informing the staff, they made no effort to rectify the faulty aircon unit. Food is disgusting. And they have the cheek to charge RM49++ for their dried up buffet spread which I wont even feed to my dogs! Attractions are dirty and some not working. No queueing system so it was chaos everywhere. How they can afford to charge such high prices is just shocking and simply daylight robbery. NEVER EVER COME TO THIS GOD FORSAKEN RESORT!!!

Room Tip: Never stay in this extortionate dump site
9  Thank Sonia S
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Read all the gory reviews of A Famosa and was beginning to regret the hurried booking I made (at the MATTA - that's Malaysian Travel & Tourism Fair).
However having re-adjusted my expectations, I found the place not too bad.
Check-in experience was good - quick and efficient in spite of the Q and the holiday rush. (Check-in is at 4pm)
Condo - we stayed at the Condo (2 Bed, Hall & Kitchen), 6th Floor - good view of the lake on one side and the hills beyond. And yes, the room was clean.
Cowboy Town - a disappointment - nothing to write home about, and totally out of place theme.
4D Experience - This show is only for 15 min, actually 10 if you take into account the time for seating.
The Water Park - it's got the usual - lazy river, wave pool, water slides.... arrive early to avoid the crowds and Queues. Of course if you stay longer in the water park, you'll experience waves and floods (of people & yellow tubes).....

3  Thank tBugger

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing A'Famosa Resort for your vacation

We are glad that you & family enjoyed your stay at our Condotel. However we have forwarded your feedback on Cowboy Town to the relevant department for improvement

Thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you to A'Famosa Resort in the near future.

Reviewed 2 September 2011

I'm a single mom with 2 children. I had 2days 1night trip at A Famosa with my 2 kids only.
I was facing car problem on the next day morning, when we need to check out. I'm not a person that know well about fixing car.
Lucky, there was a lady from customer service helping me. She is nice and helpful. Her name is Rukumani, work as a guest service executive in A Famosa.
Thank you to her deeply from my heart!
My children love the shows & trip at there too! They was so enjoying and happy! They asked for the next trip when we just on the way back to KL....sigh*
THANKS to make my lovely child HAPPY and ENJOY THEIR HOLIDAY SO WELL ! :)

Dear Madam

Thank you for visiting A'Famosa Resort.

We are glad that you & your children have enjoyed your stay , activities and services in our Resort

We thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to welcome you to A'Famosa Resort in the near future.