2,770 results
All reviews alto sky lounge junior suite jonker street shopping mall premier lounge lcd tvs mahkota parade swimming pool rooftop bar breakfast spread walking distance convenient location living area long queue spacious room parking ticket hotel guests
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Read reviews from tripadvisor & I could totally understand how others felt.

Checking In was crazy. Small reception area with only 3 terminals & there were 3 long queues as well as crowded with people who have checked in & still waiting for their rooms.

Room was clean and spacious. Nice sitting area with TV and a large Bed with a huge TV. Shower area was big and spacious with rain shower. But I did not use cos I dun really like rain shower.

I had a pool view which was great cos I could get a great city view but the next morning, I was woken by screaming & shouting. There were 4 boys playing in the pool & I could hear every it very clearly. Pool was on the 11 floor. I was on 18. I pity those who were on lower floors.

Breakfast spread was fantastic. Amazing spread. Taste wise it was not too bad. But when me & my partner went to get our second round. We were shocked that another couple was trying to get their baby into the baby chair and our coffees cleared.

Checking Out was a nightmare too. Another round of long queues.

I saw 3 incidences of very unhappy customers & the poor staffs were trying their best to solve whatever problems they were facing.

Overall, I would not really recommend this place till they sought out the kinks in their overall hotel management.

This hotel is also linked to some residential property & there were prevalent in the hotel lobby trying to get you to buy properties from them. Not nice at all. They will accost you every single time you walk by becos there were so many staffs.

Room Tip: If you want nice pool view, then you better pray that there wouldn't be screaming kids at 7am in the pool. Good luck!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank johnck88
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The location is very good .walking distance to shopping centre Dataran Pahlawan and Mahkota Parade.15 min walk to major attactrion ,St Paul's church,Porte de Santiago,The Stadthuys,Taming Sari Tower,Maritime Museum and Jonker Street.
Dining area for breakfast are big and have varity food.Bed are very confortable.
The only things is the reception have only 3 counters only and very slow check in and check out .
When we back at 11pm,there arent any staffs in the information counter nor the reception counter.
We bought the hotel voucher from the Groupon website.Its offer a great discount for us.

Room Tip: some room have the access to each other room.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jessee2000
Reviewed 21 August 2012

It's my 4th visit to Melaka and I've always stayed in Hotel Equatorial and this time round happen to see the promotional rates that Hatten is offering and decided to give it a try. When I arrived at the hotel, it was still under partial renovation but everything still looks fine. Just that the friendly service at the frontdesk is a bit slow and they were short-handed so it takes a longer time for my check-in. Room was big and spacious and my room was facing the swimming pool, nice. But the towels and glasses were not properly cleaned. The toilet was decent but seems like the flushing system's a little faulty and the water was not able to drain off from the shower. Convenient location. Will stay in again if they offer attracting promotional room prices. :)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NetteJen
Reviewed 21 August 2012

We were there during Spore National Day for a short trip - 2D1N.
Booking 2 deluxe room with extra bed via email is no problem.
Very dissapointed during the check-in process. We arrive early, so decide to enquire and check in at 11am. There is only 3 receptionist at the front counter, the staff was polite and do all the necessary for the registration. She told us 1 room is ready while the other still under housekeeping. She offer to call me when its ready, so we can walk around and explore the area. So we decided to walk to Jonker Street for lunch first & walk around the historic places. Time passby so fast that it was 5pm, there is still no phone call. So we walk back to the hotel and enquire again. To my surprise the other room still not ready! i've waited for 20-30 min at the reception area while the staff call and ask. To our dismay, they should have do something not wait till i enquire at the counter again at 5pm. I have 2 children and they have been waiting for so long to play at the swimming pool. So we have no choice but to check-in to 1 room first while waiting for another half hour for the other room. Dissappointed again, the room does not have the extra bed which i request early via email.
My kids only have 2 hours to play at the pool, sadly. This encounted left a very bad impression for all of us, even my kids also say not to come here again.
The staffs at the swimming pool also not informative about the wifi, gave wrong information, that every room have wifi access.
The receptionist staff also advice wrongly - can validate the parking card anytime, which is NOT, by right it can only validate when you about to leave. This has cause some jam at the carpark exit as we had validate early.
The only good things is that the hotel is at good location, new, room is big & bed is comfortable, there are 2 TV in the room.
Breakfast spread was good too.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank jusl
Reviewed 17 August 2012

We had shopped in Melaka and it was too late to travel back to singapore so we decided to find a hotel to stay a night. Hatten hotel was our first choice as we had a pleasure experience on our last trip on Mother's Day this year. Luckily, we had gotten one room and need not find another hotel to stay.

The experience was again good, room and bed were comfortable, Courteous staffs, wonderful breakfast spread etc. The swimming pool had not yet in use so no chance to try. This time we had a room facing the other side and still the view was nice. The location is great as it is near to various shopping mall.

The chef in the restaurant is still very responsible, I can see him coming out of the kitchen to check and supervise. But one thing not very pleasant is, the bench of the restaurant had already been dirtied by users, it will be worsen if the hotel did nothing to maintain its cleanliness.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the sea~!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family