All reviews dataran pahlawan cake house jonker street taming sari excellent budget hotel strategic hotel night market shopping mall walking distance to mahkota parade asam pedas comfortable stay min walk parking space location is great short trip nadeje attractions
Reviewed 4 July 2018 via mobile

I checked in a room today, out for dinner and came back with a shock that my room door is opened. My belongings were ransacked all over the place. When checked with concierge, all they could help is advise me to report to the nearest police station.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
6  Thank kenneth l
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

Location is great, near to Taming Sari and walking distance to Mahkota Parade mall and about 15 mins walk to famous Jonker Walk.
We choose this hotel because it has a parking space.
The room itself is neat though this is the first hotel didn't provide us with mineral water beverages. No biggie anyway. The room is quite spacious for 2 person.

If you expect a good view, not this hotel.

Overall, a good short stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank shareenadean
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

I was here for two nights with my family which include my wife and three kids. I stayed in a family room with a window. The room was okay although a bit small but acceptable, it was very clean and neat. The aircond was quite cold and you should be comfortable when sleeping. I believe the building is soundproof as the wall is carpeted as wel. Eateries and place of interests are just walking distant. Really recommended for budget travelers who just want a place to stay.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Stay here on 26 February 2018. The hotel is 10mins walk to the Dataran Pahlawan Mall, 5mins walk to the local pasar where you can buy all the souvenirs and local delicacies at cheap price. The hotel is also 5mins walk to Nadeje cake house and Asam pedas restaurants. There are lots of halal eateries around and mamak is just round the corner. The hotel is also 10mins walk to the Melaka boat ride and 5mins walk to the Menara Taming Sari.

Free parking,elevator and quick check in. We arrived at 10am and the receptionist allow us to check in early. The wifi is quite fast,my mum can actually watch korean drama online using the hotel wifi. Maybe because it is not during the peak season. Confortable bed and large bathroom.

Highly recommended to those who travelling with family.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Awanis A
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

My wife and I are currently at the Venus Boutique Hotel. I am writing this now as I have zero chance of sleep. Originally we were booked into the sister hotel, Mercury. We checked in following the 22hour travel from the UK. We wanted a nap, a freshen up and to hit the town. Sadly this was impossible due to the noise of the renovation work that is happening currently. We spoke to reception... No problem we can move you to the sister hotel. That is how we came here. We were shown several rooms and asked for a quiet one. The lady from reception told us 316 would be good for us, front of hotel and quiet. Let me say it is a nice room. Nearly everything we need. Bed, shower, safe, somewhere to hang clothes. We settled down for a nap. There was some noise but less than the other hotel. We figured it was our best option. Wrong. The hotel itself spreads across the block from the upper floors. On top of businesses below. We discover the room is above an empty shop front that is being renovated. So afternoon nap is out. We shower and go out. Melaka is lovely I urge you to go... Just stay elsewhere. That night, really tired now, we get an early night. Until the work on the shop below starts up again and the neighbours return from being out. Here's the other thing you should know, the walls are paper thin and you can here everything from next door. Which is a family room. The family next door returned from a night out which I assume was brilliant as we hear there excited talk and laughter. Really clearly and loud. Eventually we do sleep a little. Next morning we get up and go into the bathroom. The place reaks of sewerage. It's coming up from the drains and it's really strong. We have a lovely morning and lunch then return for hopefully a nap. No the workmen are hard at it. The night follows the same pattern. Family next door arrive in around midnight and we are woken again. The phone in the room doesn't connect to reception. So my wife goes down to speak to them. The reception phone the room to say the neighbours are saying you are loud. They quieten down we try to sleep. Somewhere in the middle of all this the fridge isn't working and helpfully a new one arrives. So this afternoon, we again speak to reception or a manager about the noise and lack of sleep. The lady receptionist nods along and makes sympathetic noise. Then tells us that when we checked in we were only charged taxes for two nights not three. So can we pay. My wife and I were absolutely staggered. We explain our legitimate grievances and no apology. Just asks for more money. So... For the foreseeable future, please if you want sleep don't stay at this hotel or its sister hotel. They are too noisy and the staff will not help really just offer you to keep moving rooms, I suppose if you do eventually you may collapse through exhaustion and then find sleep.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple