All reviews arrived early hours pool area rooms are basic third world country plenty of sunbeds pool staff cleaned every day cleaned daily great holiday living room week stay ceiling fan curry ground floor clean pool visiting goa calangute beach
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Firstly the positive points about this hotel - the staff are really friendly and helpful. The swimming pool area and the breakfast area was also pleasant. However, the standard and superior rooms are absolutely appalling- lack of natural light plus extremely grubby furniture and furnishings. I did buy my own cleaning products and attempted to clean our room but finally asked to be moved. We were advised we would have to pay locally to upgrade again but we were willing to do this due to the very poor condition of the room. In the 10 days we spent here we actually changed rooms 4 times (I have never done this before) but the air conditioning did not work in the upgraded rooms despite us reporting the fault to reception 4 times. I have communicated my dissatisfaction to Thomas Cook as I feel they are leaving themselves wide open to problems with this hotel.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel but if you have already booked ensure you upgrade to a pool view room
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank R7560RGandreww

Namaste and Greetings !!!

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Please note In the coming months we are renovating most of our rooms and this will be completed by October 2018. We look forward to host you again and enjoy our renovated rooms.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

arrived earlly hours check in was slow,shown to room on second floor in prisoner cell block h,we heard buzzing alot as the light dawned we realised we had a wasp nest outside our balcony and so we couldnt open the door.asked to be moved and after two days we were,to a third floor dirty room,we are never ones to complain but we had too.pool man dosnt seem to get job satisfaction as works 2+jobs so always tired,franklin and peter are fantastic guys always smiling and a real asset to the hotel.food is lovely also.entertainment it has to be said is awful lol,but you can at least have a laugh.breakfast egg man is lovely and aways smiling too.not much choice but enough.all these points made,we have booked for next season,as its so local to everything,we will just buy cleaning products wen we get there lol.

Room Tip: pay the extra for a pool view or you will be in the cells.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

After visiting Goa for 20 years this is the 1st time at the SoMy hotel. The hotel is basic but very clean and the staff were amazing, I can’t believe I have never chose this gem to stay in before.
The hotel is to undergo a refurbishment later this year, which I can’t wait to see.
Special thanks to Amul at reception and waiter Shalton for the excellent and friendly service you provided and well done to the rest of the staff team,
Hope to see you all soon x x

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JoanNewcastle

Namaste !!!

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback with us. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our services and had a comfortable stay with us. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Hi all
Im staying in so my resort right now but leaving tomorrow unfortunately:(
Just wanted to say thank you to Amul ! - the nicest guy at the reception, very friendly and helpful.
You doing a great job - well done , hopefully your boss will give you a pay rise:)

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank marta p

Namaste !!!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

First time in goa so didn't know what to expect. Arrived early hours in morning so was dark and things didn't look to good was showed to our room which was just basic but clean. Got up next morning and weather was very hot as we like had a tour round hotel and felt a lot more comfortable pool was amazing pool lad always there to bring you a towel. Once on your sun bed there waiter service to bring you drinks as you like the boys was amazing especially franklin made us laugh and helped us find our way around. Had one problem with door lock been loose so went straight to reception so amul and was fixed straight away always happy to help. Room boys always made sure your room was clean with towels and very trusting as valuables and money was left about nothing ever went missing would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone as food was lovely to. Just want to say a big massive thank you to all staff at so my for making our first visit to goa a brilliant one. BE BACK SOON.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank Danielle E

Namaste and Greetings !!!

We are glad you were satisfied with the services and the hospitality extended by our team. This surely keeps them motivated .