“British bar”

Ranked #149 of 424 Restaurants in Calangute
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 14 January 2015

my husband and I called here on a busy night after it was recommended to us by numerous people. We were greeted in a very friendly manner and despite the bar being packed were found two stools. We ordered a nibble of gobi manuchiAn which was very good. My only issue was that within 10 minutes of us sitting down the bar fell I to silence as everyone in the bar but does got out their dibbers and dobbers and it was "eyes down" for bingo. If this is your cup of tea then you'll love it, but it's its not mine I'm afraid.

2  Thank Mwalshm

Reviewed 12 January 2015 via mobile

First the good part-

Place - Good, easily located between Calangute & Bagga road. 4 stars out of 5.
Food - Breakfast was good and was served fresh. Had lunch also but food was average. Would rate 3 stars out of 5.
Ambience - Good place to hangout with friends and family. 3.5 out of 5

Bad:
The female bar tender/manager is the worst person I have ever met to be a part of service industry. She was rude and not co-operative at all e.g. we asked for English tea ( with separate milk) and the milk was served cold, which we requested to warm it up which she refused to do even when there were only 2 other customers in the restaurant. Secondly on asking for a small change in the order was a very big deal for her. We were 3 couples and all could make out that she was not interested in INDIAN CUSTONERS AT ALL as this place is always crowded with foreigners especially from Britain. Service industry doesn't allow such kind of behaviour and discremination between Indian & Foreginers AT ALL. Probably that's the reason I have seen only 1-2 Indian customers in this bar/restaurant.
1 star out of 5

Staff & Service - Service is slow but I believe it's because of the that lady who is running the show.
1 star out of 5

Overall - Overall experience of this place was pathetic except for the location and service offered. I am not sure if the owner of this place is aware about this or not but if you are going through my review please take an immediate action.

Overall rating 1 out of 5 and WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ANYONE TO VISIT THIS PLACE.

4  Thank Ankur S
Reviewed 8 January 2015

Just back from another fab holiday to Goa. Bar Eclipse was just up from our apartment situated on the main road.
Ronnie the new owner has managed to get that fine line of running a great place to have a quiet drink on your own or with friends to his chefs creating some amazing Indian and british food. The place is immaculate. Food is all cooked fresh to order.

The staff, Vino the bar manager, Irish and the other waiters work non stop to ensure you have an enjoyable visit.

2  Thank PrestonpansGinger
Reviewed 3 January 2015

This bar is a fantastic credit to the owner the bar / restaurant is immaculate and caters for all food is delicious for bar meals and breakfast is fabulous , bingo , karaoke , football matches on sky , this bar has it all, even has a swimming pool located in the rear of the building , a credit to the owner

Reviewed 20 October 2014

I was taken to this bar by a friend ,The best invite i have had for a long time.The NEW OWNER RONNIE has the place running like clockwork.
His bar manager Vino ( wrong spelling) has such a great rapport with the customers,and as for Irish one of the waiters this young man is great seems to know 10 seconds before you that you need another drink.
The kitchen is immaculate (having to go through the kitchen on one occasion ) i could not believe how clean it was.All new stainless steel work tops and the floor was spotless.
Now for the food the owner Ronnie went out of his way to accommodate my wish for Shepherds Pie and it was delicious,for an encore he made Lava cakes and fresh made Apple Pie all where delicious.
All i can say now is roll on December when we will be back.