All reviews spacious apartment holiday street recommend casa water pressure the ground floor family holiday first floor goa beach villa
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The ambience in which apartment is placed is awesome, very close to beach but still in calm area.

I am sure there were restaurants nearby where you could eat a good breakfast, but we prefferred to pay the staff at Casa Mia to go and buy us breakfast that we cooked ourselfs in the apartment.
The reasons for that was that the apartment was so spectacular and cosy so we enjoyed spend much time inside or out on the terass.
The apartment is very clean and well planned and it actually looked even better in reality compared to website pictures.

The service we received from the care taker was very nice and they meet our demands.

We really recommend this place and we can also recomend to go and rent a bike to explore Goa. We rented ours just 200-300m from the apartment and we received very good service there from an old man that also had two small shops.

Room Tip: We stayed in first apartment on ground floor and loved that room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2011

We went to GOA during the monsoons , June end to be precise. We stayed at CASA MIA for 4 days - 3 nights. I was traveling with my husband, kid (1.5 years) and my parents. Since I had a little kid with me I was really apprehensive on how comfortable she would be there. But the staff at CASA MIA had ensured a fully equipped kitchen. I sent them the raw materials I needed a little in advance. The Fridge was stocked well and the place was really neat and clean.

Rohit hired a car for us with a driver to take us around GOA. First day we went to the river cruise, Dona Paula jetty , Old GOA Church. The next day our driver Sunil took us to Vagator, Anjuna , Baga beach. At Baga we had lunch at a shack facing the beach. Sunil was an excellent guide and took us to places we loved. Since Calangute Beach was just 5 mins away from the apartment we went there every evening with our little one.

GOA during the monsoons is really beautiful. Since there are so few travellers, the
beaches are not crowded and very relaxing.

I really enjoyed my stay there and will recommend it to anyone going to GOA.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Krits6ul
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We started our trip to India on 25th March arriving in Cochin for 2 nights, Mumbai for 2 nights, then Delhi for 2 nights, then arriving in Goa for a 6 week stay at Casa Mia.
Unfortunately we had the only taxi driver in Mumbai who didnt know where the domestic airport was and despite allowing three and half hours for the journey, we missed our flight to Delhi.While Kingfisher Airlines were very good and refunded most of our air fare despite it being our fault, they had no seats available on the next flight to Delhi, so totally fed up we booked a flight to Goa. I rang Casa Mia and explained that we would be arriving 2 days earlier than expected, they arranged a pick up from the airport for us and 3 hours later we arrived at our lovely apartment where the staff were waiting to greet us .Considering we were 2 days early the apartment was freshly cleaned and basic provisions provided.
Casa Mia is absolutely lovely, it is on a quiet road, set back from the main street about 2 minutes walk from the beach. It is in south Calungute which is away from the busy main beach and is consequently cleaner. There are lots of beach shacks, our favourite being The Flying Dolphin, lovely comfy sun beds, very cold drinks and good food.
There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance of Casa Mia,- Nirvana, Maggies and Seagull being just a few we tried, all very nice. We arrived at the end of March and every day it was getting quieter as the charter season was coming to a close, towards the middle of May there were only a few shops, restaurants and beach shacks still open.
We were given the number of a local taxi driver by some friends we met there and we would highly recommend him to anyone , his name is Suraj and his number is 9850983944 - his english is very good, he is very knowledgable and his charges are very reasonable and honest.We often went out for the evening to Baga and on Titos Lane there is a small restaurant and bar called Limelight, the staff there are great, there is a large screen for sport and we watched India win the world cricket cup there, a great night !! The staff at Casa Mia were absolutely fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for them, they even got us fresh bread and samosas every morning from the local' bread man'Both Rohit and Anu were in regular contact to make sure everything was fine, it was more than fine, it was fantastic. The apartment has everything you will need,including gas rings, fridge and microwave but as the food outside is so very cheap and sooooo good, we only had breakfast at the apartment.Outside there is a shaded patio area with a fan which was very welcome when it became very hot,a very peaceful place to sit and read.Another great plus was the very comfortable bed,a big fat comfy mattress,which we have found to be a bit of a rarity in India!!!Further down from Calungute is Candolim, another lovely place. We found Ruffles, a hotel with a seperate restaurant at the front, the hotel kindly let us use their pool and we made some lovely friends there. The restaurant is run by an english couple, Lynn and Mark, they were so very helpful to us with information about Goa and the food is really delicious, the Indian food is lovely but for a change try the cheese and onion pie - gorgeous !!!!!
We have absolutely loved India, everywhere we have been the people have been so friendly and helpful, but we particularly love Goa.
Staying at Casa Mia for 6 weeks was great, it is large and spacious, clean and feels very safe - not that we felt unsafe anywhere, the manners of the children and teenagers are wonderful. I am planning to return to Goa in August for a couple of weeks on my own and will be booking Casa Mia, even for a woman on her own it feels very comfortable and safe.
Thanks again to the lovely staff at Casa mia for making our stay such a wonderful one.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank taxigirl06
Reviewed 13 May 2011

We stayed here at the end of April 2011 and thought it was great.
There are two guys who look after the premises but they also accommodate any request you may have, yet they are never intrusive.
The apartments are well maintained with two air-conditioning units and a number of ceiling fans (both in the living room and the bedroom), a well equipped kitchen and a nice bathroom which all adds up to a very comfortable stay.
Location-wise, it's right in between the beach and the main road, with each being just a few minutes' walk away.

We travel to Goa every 1-2 years and of all the places we've visited previously, this is one that we will definitely return to!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank pafer78
Reviewed 28 April 2011

A great villa, in a very ggod location in Calungute, very near the beach 2 - 3 mins walk. Plenty of eateries nearby. The boys could not have been more helpful, always there when needed, seldom seen when not needed, very courteous and trustworthy, the boys tidied my room on request, I had left out all my valuables and not locked the safe, when I returned the boys had made all my valuables safe for me, I can not praise them highly enough. I was lucky enough to meet Anu, Rohit's wife while staying at the villa who was a sweetheart, helpful welcoming and great company. A big thumbs up from this traveller.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo