“Inside of building is really nice And very clean!”
Review of Big Jim's Bama Q - CLOSED

Big Jim's Bama Q
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Ordered to go for a family dinner. Excellent service! Excellent food! Wish we lived close enough to eat there more often!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

We stopped here after a local referral while at the five state yard sale. We apparently hit the restaurant at the perfect time, as a huge rush had just left. BBQ was really good and the Hickory Fries were scrumptious. Who wouldn't like french fries piled high with BBQ, sour cream, and cheese?!

Interior was super cute and did not match the outside of the space. You would never expect to see such an urban chic inside. Apparently, they were just on Restaurant Impossible, which will air at the end of May.

Service was okay. I'm cutting them some slack because it was clear they were slightly overwhelmed without enough staff.

Prices were good and I learned the menu we had to choose from was condensed due to the five state yard sale.

Be sure to stop by!

2  Thank CoachJTL
Reviewed 19 April 2014

On our way to our cabin, we happened to pass by and spur of the moment stopped. Walking in, I was pleasantly surprised at how cute the inside was. It was not expected at all from the outside. The waitress told us Restaurant Impossible had just recently in last month or two been there. I was very excited thinking...oh this should be great!! By the way, the waitress was great, very friendly. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed. It wasn't that the food was bad. It was just plain. It really didn't seem to have any real flavor. The collards tasted like they were not even seasoned with salt. I had the wet pork, my husband the dry and neither of ours seemed seasoned. Either Robert Irvine isn't as great a chef as he's suppose to be or he didn't help them with the menu or they stopped using seasoning and ran out of salt when he left. As cute as the inside remodel is....I have to give this place a thumbs down.

3  Thank ynot011
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I recently volunteered to help during the Restaurant Impossible episode here. Several weeks later, I thought I'd stop in and see how the remodel turned out and try the food. I had the dry pork sandwich with collard slaw, corn relish and homemade fries. It was DELICIOUS!!! My daughter had a grilled chicken sandwich, mac and cheese and fries. She was happy with her meal too. We will definitely go back again. It was VERY good!

6  Thank rcg2
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stopped based on the reviews. We wondered when we saw a sign that it had new owners, but we went anyway ordered half chicken and pork bbq. While waiting I heard the guy at the next table say he felt like everything needed salt. When our meat came out the girls wasn't sure which sauce was in which bottles and the chicken didn't look very appealing. Both Meats were under seasoned, and did need salt and more. The only flavor on the chickenwas smoke. We left over half the chicken behind. Also we ordered only meat and they still charged a plate price. Way too much $ for the quality.

1  Thank drunkitty2000