“Personal Celebration Lunch”

Liberated Specialty Foods
Ranked #77 of 194 Restaurants in Madison
Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

I knew of this place for a while from Facebook advertising. I was interested because of their alternative bakery menu and Paleo+ focus. I ordered the Roast Beef Panini which came with my choice of toppings from a list. I chose artichokes and kamata olives and onion. I was given a choice of bread as well: Cashew, Almond, or Coconut. I took cashew bread. The woman who took my order asked if I wanted mayo, and I took that as a suggestion and said yes. My lunch friend, son, Eric ordered the prociotto quiche. It was just after 11am on a Tuesday. We were the only diners there. We also ordered black coffee. There were about 4 women working on lots of baking, and seemingly mail orders. The owner was working and fixing our lunch order. It took at least 10 minutes to get it, maybe more, but we weren't in a hurry. The food and coffee was served on upscale disposable plates and cups. The food was absolutely delicious! Prices were $7-8 per item and the total bill with coffee was about $21. When researching the place, the Web site seemed geared for bakery orders, not the diner. It took me trying to locate the diner menu which I did eventually find on their Facebook page. It is an amazing business to have here in Madison, Alabama! The diner has at least 6 tables, and is extremely clean and friendly with a unique foods menu. The drive is beautiful country roads not too far from 565 and County Line. Go there and expand your experience and support local craftsmanship!

Date of visit: November 2016
3  Thank SherryMadison_AL

Reviewed 15 September 2016

Wheat, grain, and sugar free - I've been eating this way for over a year, baking with almond and coconut flours. Now that I've found Stacy and her baker babes and all the great food they bake, I'm a regular there! Waffles, breads, crackers, pizza crusts and bottled pizza sauce, ketchup...the list goes on. They are always coming up with new and exciting foods to try. They have a coffee bar, also. I recommend it with 'half and half', coconut milk and almond milk, with a touch of honey if you like a little sweetener.
I try to keep waffles (regular and savory), pizza crusts (cheesy), and breads (cashew creme) in the freezer all the time. And I always try something new each time I'm there.
I'm looking forward to trying a breakfast panini next time I'm there, with a cup of coffee, of course!

3  Thank Nancy C
Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

Ok, so, you have been looking for a place that is not just glutten free but grain free.
Well, you just found it!
Stacy and her team are awesome!
I don't know anywhere else you can get what they provide.
Reasonable price items that are good for you as well as excellent tasting.

3  Thank HermanT388
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

This must be what heaven smells like! When I went in they were baking cheddar crackers and the place was filled with an amazing aroma. I was greeted by warm smiles as soon as I walked through the door. Stacy, the owner was more than happy to chat with me for a few about not only the bakery, and the wonderful lady we (both) get our fresh local eggs from but also about the area and how nice the countryside is.
On to the yummy stuff! I had the quiche and a carrot cupcake. Both very moist and full of flavor, that cupcake though! The icing is sweetened with honey if I'm right. The cake is super fall apart moist and almost melts in your mouth. Devine!

4  Thank MichRam
Reviewed 28 June 2016

My daughter took me out for a healthy breakfast, enjoyed a gluten-free waffle with fresh berries that was filling and delicious. I have been previously to buy snacks for my daughter for swim meets to keep her filled with good foods. All hand-made, therefore a little pricey, but for the health, worth it.

Date of visit: June 2016
4  Thank mom2four1966

Been to Liberated Specialty Foods? Share your experiences!