“Best sushi! ”
Review of Izumi

Izumi
Ranked #28 of 34 Restaurants in Leeds
Reviewed 24 May 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has the best sushi & hibachi! We eat there once a week! I love the Atlantic roll! For Valentine's Day I was given a rose! They have excellent service.

Reviewed 3 April 2017

We were looking for a place to eat out toward I-20 and found Izumi in Leeds. What a pleasant surprise! It's a hibachi steakhouse with sushi and bento boxes. It's not a "cook at the table" place. We had sushi, fried gyoza, the steak, shrinp, and chicken hibachi dinners, and mizo and onion soup.

Everything was good. The service was very friendly. The sushi was all good and very attractively plated. The entrees were good but not great. Décor was warm and not overly "Hi I'm a Japanese Restaurant." Do take a sweater or jacket; the air conditioner works really well.

I think we'll be back.

1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed 15 February 2017

While the location may make you second guess your visit, trust me the food is worth it. I tried the Green Dragon roll, Volcano roll, and the Eel and Avocado roll, all were beautifully presented and tasted great. The only negative is they don't have their liquor license yet, and I prefer to have a Sapporo or Asahi with my sushi. Will definitely return in the near future.

1  Thank VinoBambinos
Reviewed 19 December 2016 via mobile

My family and I finally tried this place tonight. We came in on a Sunday evening and they were able to sit us immediately. It has standard Japanese fare including sushi. My daughter had the California roll and the rest either had the chicken or the filet. Everything we ate was quite good. The service was good as well. Prices were very reasonable. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

Look, very good for Leeds, AL. It shows that good food will always be more important than location. Down in an old run down strip shopping center that is sketchy & no lines for parking (I'm sure the rent is cheap). Really, it is the only reason to go. Service was good and the restaurant crowded on Friday night. Third time eating there, will go back.

1  Thank Big_Spicy

Been to Izumi? Share your experiences!