“Great Lunch”

Price range: USD 0 - USD 10
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: New Orleans is only a stones throw away from the heart of Five Points in Huntsville, AL - it's called the Po Boy Factory.Jambalaya crawfish pie file' gumbo... you'll find your favorite seafood and cajun treats in a warm and friendly down home atmosphere. Come see for yourself what Louisiana hospitality is all about.Po Boys, shrimp, oysters, crawfish, jambalaya, etouffee... mouth watering treats that will take you back to the Big Easy.
Reviewed 13 August 2018

There were already a bunch of photos, and reviews were good so went there while visiting friends. Glad we did. Lunch was both tourists and locals, glad we got there early, as it fills up fast. Parking on street, grab is you see a spot, parking lot is tiny. Being crowded, it was noisy and they had as many tables as possible. Everyone was friendly. But to have good Cajun seafood in North Alabama was appreciated. The atmosphere is fun all the way.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

I had hopes being I love cajun food but this is not the cajun food you want to ever eat. If I had walked in other room and saw nasty kitchen I would have walked straight out but I was tortured into eating, well not eating the food. The crab cake ordered smelled like bad fish and tasted worse. Supposedly came with hollandaise sauce, only thing that might be close to hollandaise was the was egg in the mayonnaise they used with vinegar and dill in attempt at some sort of sauce. The shrimp served with were the typical frozen pre cooked small shrimp. The appetizer were frozen mozerella and poppers. Only thing that could have been made there were the chip/fries they served with, not really one or other. Friend had muffelatta and it was on untoasted bun and the grease just oozed everywhere and no spicy mustard which with good olive relish makes sandwich. Then let's get to price, for that I would expect more than styrofoam plate or I would gone through a drive through.

1  Thank Michelle B
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

This local hot spot is always crowded at lunchtime and for good reason. Gulf-type gumbo, jambalaya, po'boys, and best all, the muffelata sandwich from heaven! Don't expect white linen and elegant service, but everyone is friendly and quick.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Found this place on Trip Advisor and didn’t live up to the reviews. Overall I have a three but it’s probably closer to a 2.5. If you follow my reviews you know I am fair.

The cheese poppers seem d as though they were store bought. The boiled shrimp were good and a full pound was $15.99, you can also get on a half-pound.

The muffuletta was pretty true to form and taste.

The Cajun Trio was red beans and rice, étouffée, and shrimp gumbo. I didn’t get one shrimp in the gumbo, the roux was very thin albeit the flavor was ok.

I wish I would have tried the PoBoy as that’s what I went for and got sidetracked by all the options.

Prices are reasonable. I would try again to give it another try.

Reviewed 31 July 2018 via mobile

The wife and I stopped in after a doctor's appointment in Huntsville. She got the crawfish sandwich with fries and I plugged out. I got the 2 bowls with bread. It consisted of jambalaya and red beans and rice. Yummy! We also got a sample of roast beef with cheese over French fries. Omg! Also our server Tina was awesome!