“Good food”

Papa Gyro's
Ranked #35 of 620 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Greek
Reviewed 16 March 2017 via mobile

Had lunch with a friend. Ordered the traditional gyro plate which didn't disappoint. Plenty of food to satisfy even the biggest appetite. We started with a serving of Baba Ganoush which was tasty while the Spanakopita was so good we ordered a second helping. Try it you'll like it.

Reviewed 16 March 2017

love this place! the best gyro I have had in years! very busy, standing room only at lunch. That says a lot! generous portions excellent Taziki sauce! not many places do it this well. Will go back as often as I can. Prices are great and service was prompt. highly recommend.

Reviewed 21 February 2017 via mobile

What a great little place. Our Big Papa Gyros were delicious: the tzaziki sauce was thick & flavorful-not to mention the crispiest potato wedges as a side. But the biggest surprise...the mango/peach smoothie!! Customers were coming & going with them, so we had to try one. So glad we did. Will not disappoint.

Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

I like the fact that Papa Gyro's has expanded its menu, but I find that when I order something that is not a gyro, that I don't like the entree. I ate there last night with a colleague who had the gyro and loved it and I ordered the moussaka and hated it. It was some of the worst moussaka I've ever had. The moussaka was dry, the wrong meat was used, and it didn't taste very good. I have had much better moussaka at Greek restaurants and my own homemade moussaka runs rings around this pile of goop I got that is being passed off as moussaka. I asked the help beforehand if the moussaka was any good, but they weren't good at answering my question. That should have been a clue. The best part of my meal was the rice which was excellent (which is why I didn't give this meal a one for terrible) and I liked everything else outside of the moussaka. I definitely don't recommend the moussaka and encourage customers to consider other options when they are placing their orders.

Reviewed 7 January 2017

Had the lamb gyro with rice. It was really good! Stopped in to pick up to eat at the hotel. It was a little bit of a wait, but only because the customer in front of us had a big order. The gyro meat was really good, and not too spicy. The place is not much to look at on the outside, but is worth it to check it out!