“Beauty!”

Land Trust of North Alabama
Ranked #18 of 79 things to do in Huntsville
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy hiking, biking, picnicking, and horseback riding on 40+ miles of trails offered by Alabama’s first land trust: the Land Trust of North Alabama. Three Nature Preserves - each larger than Central Park and all within Huntsville city limits – are open dawn to dusk. Focusing on land preservation and conservation, fresh water resource protection, environmental education, and guided hike series outreach. Don’t miss the Moon Dance and Concerts at Three Caves!
Reviewed 23 May 2017

The land Trust is beautiful. The trails are well maintained. The trails run along a creek that adds so much to the walk. You often can hear owls at dusk, see deer feeding on the trail, and discover the history of Huntsville on the mountain. It's a great place to spend an afternoon. There's a picnic area near the parking lot.

All reviews
"rocks"
"beauty"
"volunteers"

Reviewed 11 March 2017

I went with my hb & dog. Some trials are even enough so I could wear just sneakers. The address listed above is not the address where I parked my car: I parked at a pull off on the right side of road before Monte Sano Park. No charge for parking or to enter there. I didn't have a map but the trials r marked very well. I want to go back when I have more time.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

We did the Fagan Trail.......its rocky going down at the beginning. We hiked to the springs and took other trails back to the top. Was fun little hike.

1  Thank Lori N
Reviewed 21 February 2017

We hiked the Alms House and Fagan Springs trails, well maintained and very well marked. Many trails intersect and the signposts are spot on! Lots of rock formations

See more reviews
Reviewed 21 August 2016

We hike on a lot of the Land Trust trails and continue to be impressed by the variety of scenery. Some of our favorites include Fagin Springs, Old Railroad Bed, Young Kennedy (South of water line), Bill & Marion Certain, Rainbow Mountain/JaMooko Loop and Wade Mountain Trails. The best time to visit is between November and April when there there are less problems with ticks, snakes and poison ivy.

1  Thank GWolf109