“best in Huntsville”

Ranked #6 of 645 Restaurants in Huntsville
Price range: USD 8 - USD 20
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hildegard's German Cuisine takes pride in serving meals that are freshly prepared, perfectly seasoned, and remind you of dishes served in your Oma's kitchen. You will never leave Hildegard's hungry! Pair your meal with one of our many German weine or biere, and don't forget to check out our decadent dessert case. If there is anything we can do to make your visit with us more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to ask. We look forward to serving you today and for many days to come.
Reviewed 15 March 2018

first let me state we have visited all the other German restaurants in Huntsville and Hildebrand is hands down the best !! excellent selection ! excellent food ! fantastic service ! try the buffet you won't be disappointed ! fresh hot / cold ! don't forget to sample their homemade deserts !!!

Amy M, Owner at Hildegard's German Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thank you, Daryl B! Hope you'll come again soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

Unbelievable asparagus soup and the goulash is delightful as well. In fact, there’s nothing that’s not wonderful. Service is stellar. Arrive early. Very popular restaurant

Amy M, Owner at Hildegard's German Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2018

Hello, cindyannsmith,
What a great compliment and nice review! Thank you so much for posting this for us, and please come see us again soon!

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food as always. We have had just about everything on the menu and you can not go wrong. If you enjoy good German food than this is the place to go in Huntsville.

Amy M, Owner at Hildegard's German Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear Leonard C.,
This is such a great compliment for us and I very much appreciate you posting. Our menu is designed to appeal to lots of folks, and of course, consistent quality is a must in any restaurant, so your kind words are very rewarding for me and the team!
We hope you are able to come again soon, and thank you again for taking time to review us.

Reviewed 15 February 2018

Some friends invited me out to dinner and I accepted. They told me we were eating German food and I had no idea what was in store for me. I'm a very boring eater and do not like to venture out very often. I'm an All American lady. But, what a wonderful surprise. I had passed this restaurant countless times in my years in Huntsville and had no idea what a nice atmosphere it was. The service was phenominal. I wish I had our server's name. He knew the menu extremely well and answered any and all questions with confidence. I had the tilapia and my friends had the chicken. One of my friends had the soup instead of a salad and said it was absolutely the best. Of course, we ordered dessert. They shared the cheesecake and I had an apple streudel. I am so appreciative to my friends for introducing me to this delicious hide-a-way. I'll definitely go back.

1  Thank CABrad
Amy M, Owner at Hildegard's German Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2018

Dear CABrad,
So happy that you tried our restaurant! I'm glad that you enjoyed your meal, and that your server (I think it was probably Aaron - he is as good as you describe!) was exceptional. Thank you for your kind words, and I do hope you'll come again soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

It's quaint, good service and great food. The Rhamsnitzel was amazing. So are the Brats. Good beer selection.

Amy M, Owner at Hildegard's German Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2018

Dear Pixie L,
We appreciate you taking the time to post for us! I'm happy that you enjoyed your meal and our servers took good care of you. Hope you'll come see us again soon.