“Pretty good”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch with my husband and two teenagers. Service was very good. Food came quickly and drinks were refilled without having to ask. The queso blanco was good. The thin chips were excellent, the salsa was good but not at all spicy. My son enjoyed the ribeye steak. My daughter enjoyed the beef enchiladas and liked the rice and beans. The side salad was good but the dressing was bland. My husband and I both had the roasted pork burrito. The meat was very tender but it, and the sauce lacked flavor. It was more like my mom’s pork roast and gravy than the Mexican food I’m used to. I would give it another try if in the area but would get something with more spice.

Phil S, Owner at Phil Sandoval's Mexican Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Thank you for your time, compliments and that GREAT rating...We appreciate your time and YES, If you want SPICY? I can make sure...you get SPICED up...just ask! Gracias

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Our first trip to Huntsville and my nephew suggest we eat here. Good choice, he made. After short wait we were seated and immediately noticed friendly staff. Chips are made here and were thin and crisp. Salsa was very good. Ordered queso and jalapeño bites for appetizers. Both were excellent, especially the bites. A variety of dishes were ordered including dish off the “hidden” menu. All were very good. I sampled all I could and was very pleased with flavor of all. This is excellent choice for Tex Mex food.

Phil S, Owner at Phil Sandoval's Mexican Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2018

Thank You...we appreciate your time, compliments and that AWESOME rating...

Reviewed 27 July 2018

We had a large group meet for lunch to say farewell to a co-worker. The service was excellent, the wait staff took our orders and brought our food quickly, but without interrupting our gathering.

Thank You...we appreciate your compliments and that GREAT review...

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

This Mexican Restaurant is absolutely amazing!!! From the atmosphere to the food and drinks...awesomeness!!! The salsa is some of the best I’ve ever had!!!

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Let’s face it, there are lots of Mexican-style restaurants in and around Huntsville. I think the one thing that stands out to me is the homemade tortillas at Phil’s. Their enchiladas are very tasty, as well as the margaritas, queso, and guacamole. The service is great and the ambiance is casual and festive.