Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South
USD 206*
USD 192*
  • Pool
USD 208*
Sleep Inn & Suites Huntsville(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
USD 97*
USD 139*
USD 149*
USD 116*
USD 111*
All reviewsquiet stayredstone arsenalhot tubroad constructionroom was cleanrestaurant staffmemorial parkwayindoor poolquiet areagreat place to staybusiness travelbusiness centerother hotelsroom servicefitness centershopping and restaurantsconvenient location
Reviewed 6 February 2012

Nice place to stay when I Huntsville. The rooms are nice and clean. A relative new hotel. The pool looked scrumptious when I arrived. Very convenient to a lot of restaurants and if you are tired, their American Grill has wonderful food. The service is outstanding.

As a government employee though...it is hard to get a government rate room.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank athena381
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

 Your complimentary review of our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South is much appreciated! Hopefully, we'll have the opportunity to host you again soon.

Reviewed 11 December 2011

I have been issued duplicate keys on two separate occasions at this property. Upon entering the room, I have found that the room was previously booked and the individuals assumed that I was breaking into the room. I can excuse the first time, but to have this to occur again is inexcusable! What is the likelihood that this occurs twice to the same individual that does not stay at this hotel on a regular basis? I think that it is safe to say that I am not the only person that this has happened to...so please, be warned. You could be an unwitting victim by entering a room that you mistakenly assumed was yours!

Room Tip: Stay away, do not even consider this property for your own safety!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2011

Location is to the south of Huntsville, near a gate to Redstone. This Hilton is not as good as the Hilton Garden/Space Center. Cleanliness was just as good. Friendliness of the staff was not as good as the space center. We came in late that evening and checked in. The clerk at the desk was great no issues checking in. I will tell you that we are Hilton Honors and we usually have our room set up personally for us. A letter signed and some water bottles and enough towels for the number in our room. (We only had 3 towels for the 4 of us). We were given this letter and a note for the water and we were given just any room assigned like we were not Honors members. Our room was clean and comfortable. This Hilton has those beds that can adjust for comfort so another reason I wished to try this hotel. Our bed did not seem to work very well and our neighbor next to us was loud and obnoxious. She came in and out past midnight and just let her door slam shut. We also smelled cigarette smoke in the hallway and I looked around and no room in sight was a smoking room. The next morning we had the cleaning lady try to get into our room at 620 am. Mind you we had a "Do not Disturb" on the front door handle. I was in shock with this one and really upset as it woke me up way early. Later in the morning we went to the Cafe on site for the breakfast. It was comparable to the Space center. No issues our first morning. The food served was hot and tasted great. We went to the desk and spoke with the clerk and told him our issues. He promptly gave us another room. It was a better experience. The beds seemed more comfortable and it was quieter. He stated he would let the staff know about the getting into our room issue. It never happened after that. We also found it a problem to get a local paper. There were none on the property. No machines and not even available for purchase at the front desk. Our last morning we were there (we stayed 3 nights) we were downstairs about 10am. Breakfast is served till 11. It was a Sunday. There was no visible staff in the cafe except the cook. He was very nice and stated he would bring us our dishes when they were ready. We found that they were out of allot of things. Coffee to be a big one. The canister was empty and there was nothing but chocolate milk avail. I know these may seem trivial but when you have stayed at this chain more than once and you know what they are about, this visit was a bit disappointing. A woman showed up in the cafe and she quickly remedied our small issues, except the milk. They ran out. I guess the the thing to take away from this visit is this, if you have never been to a Hilton Garden you will NOT be disappointed. If you have, you may be a little. I mean a little. Same goes if you are a Hilton honors member or not a member. You will not notice any differences if you are not a member.

Room Tip: Pick one far from the elevator and ask for one with no neighbors.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
cliuzzo, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2011

I first want to thank you for taking the time to post a response about our property. Feedback is extremely valuable to us and we want to ensure we are always performing at the level of service you deserve and expect. Your comments are clear that we did fail in certain areas of your hotel experience. I am truly sorry that your hotel stay was disappointing. I do hope that you will understand that this was not an ordinary occurance and I can assure you that it will not happen again. I hope that you will give us another try the next time you are visiting Huntsville and I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

The staff is very nice. Located close to the US Space & Rocket center. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast buffet a great value. We travelled with our four children.

• Stayed: July 2011
cliuzzo, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write the hotel review on Trip Advisor. The management staff does monitor online reviews, and we appreciate your feedback and comments. When your travel plans bring you back to Huntsvile, we would like to be the hotel of your choice! Our hotel does have weekend specials on the Bed And Breakfast Rate, plus we have an indoor heated mineral pool.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We were visiting a friend at a nearby nursing home and wanted to use HHonors points and were planning to stay at the nearby Hampton Inn.. Based on TrIp Advisor reviews we decided to stay at the Garden Inn rather than the Hampton. Very friendly staff. Room was very clean and the only shock was that we did not have a bathtub but a large shower. My wife was a bit disappointed and I don't remember any mention of shower only rooms. Other than that it was extremely convenient as the nursing home is literally just around the corner and we would definitely stay there again. Good breakfast with made to order eggs or omelets.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
cliuzzo, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write the hotel review on Trip Advisor. The management staff does monitor online reviews, and we appreciate your feedback and comments. Please note that rooms with 2 double beds have the porcelain bathtub; rooms with a king bed have the shower with the glass sliding door. When you visit next time please request a double room if you would like a bathtub. We look forward to seeing you again when your travel plans bring you back to Huntsville!