All reviews meeting space sparkling clean luggage cart new years day the young lady cup of coffee business center road trip pillows birmingham interstate walmart outlets
Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel because it was reasonably priced on my online booking tool- and regret choosing it. This stay started off good- the front desk receptionist was welcoming and really friendly. I get checked in no problem, get to my room, there were a couple of dead stink bugs in the curtain... no problem on my part so I get settled and that evening when I was on the phone noticed a live cockroach (I get it- it’s fall in the south so this happens) run across the counter by my wallet! So I kill it and promptly ask for another room. The receptionist on duty got me moved to another room. I didn’t have any issues with the second room- other then like several other posters mentioned housekeeping at this location apparently does not replace towels or empty the trash during stays as I ran out of towels after the second night. The bar personnel seemed swamped with a whole 3 people watching football and didn’t really care to cash out my purchase of a candy bar.

My biggest issue is with the lack of follow up from site management. I was promised a follow up call the next day from the manager and points added to my frequent guest account due to the insect incident my first night- neither of which happened. I really don’t care about the points, just the lack of follow up and failure of housekeeping to do anything other then make the bed. This hotel could be so much better, given the updates made and communal areas then it was. Severely disappointed that this place carried the Holiday Inn name and will avoid this property in the future.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel Birmingham/Homewood, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2018

Hi there, IA_Farmer1985!

I came across your review and it disappoints me to see that you did not have a wonderful visit because of the issues you had with your rooms, the housekeeping service, as well as the failure of the management to follow-up with your concerns. I get your sentiments and I'm sorry. What you described certainly isn't what we want for our guests. I've noted your feedback and shared this with the hotel. They will make sure that actions will be taken so this does not happen again.

Thank you for being our guest and for choosing to stay with us. We would like to make it up to you, so when you visit the area again, I hope you give us another try.

Regards,

Joel A
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 16 July 2018

When I got to my room and used the card to open the door, the metal security lock was in place and somebody was inside the room. They had rented it to somebody else! A new frontier of incompetence. To make up for it, they put me in a room for disabled people where the adjustable shower head kept falling down while I was showering. When I checked out and complained, they said that because I rented the room through a third party (booking.com), they couldn't offer me a discount or anything else.

Room tip: Don't count on written assurances from this property regarding the room you will get.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Headed down to the beach; stopped here overnight. Carlos at the front desk was very helpful and courteous! The staff working the breakfast buffet were very friendly - let my son pick ESPN to watch while eating breakfast and tended to all of our requests!

Room was clean, had enough towels/washcloths for all 4 of us. Also had plenty of outlets for all of our electronic devices, which was a plus! We were there mainly for the overnight stay, so we did not check out the pool, fitness room or other amenities.

Date of stay: June 2018
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Hotel looks good but in reality too many cracks beneath the surface
Restaurant (actually Starbucks) is like a works canteen. Avoided except for take out coffee but couldn’t even get this as there was no change in the cash register so unable to accept dollars! (As an overseas visitor I won’t use card for small payments due to transaction fees imposed)
Fortunately many chain restaurants relatively close by so you will not be stuck
My room looked good on the surface but a few quick glances showed routine maintenance required
When internet stopped working (in public places and rooms) the attitude from hotel staff was “yeah, that happens”
3 hours later not fixed
Disappointed with this hotel as it didn’t fulfil the hospitality expectation I had been expecting in the south

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Hotel is clean and is family oriented.Housekeeping never cleaned room or left clean towels!We came to see our granddaughter graduate from high school.Hotel was very convenient to everything including a restaurant named Landrys.Food at Landrys was excellent.

Room tip: Lower room was very quite!It was on south side.
Date of stay: April 2018