All reviews pool table within walking distance trendy hotel shops and restaurants great area fun place parking garage lobby bar sliding door great customer service business trip flat screen tv indoor pool the room was nice birmingham wedding elaine
Reviewed 30 July 2018

This modern hotel is great for any social interaction. There's a bar area, pool table, and lounging area in the lobby. They even have live music. The rooms are very modern. My only complaints were the sliding bathroom doors and the slow heating water. (I think its an energy thing for BHM.) The bathroom door was heavy and needed some oil. The room was cozy, perfect for working and resting.
The location was great. I didn't have to deal with the interstate traffic. Parking is free. Restaurants are within walking distance. I mean, really good food options!

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

Lovely hotel in Homewood,Alabama about 5 mile off I/65. Very modern with a contemporary/industrial vibe. It is a small hotel with plenty of amenities. There is a small fitness gym, a small indoor pool, and a breakfast style snack bar. The room was clean and is geared towards a younger, affluent, digital native clientele. The contemporary bar is part of the lobby. Our bartender, Paul, was friendly and helpful. There are plenty of shops and restaurants in walking distance. Parking in the garage was free. Will definitely stay at another Aloft in the future.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Elaine P, General Manager at aloft Birmingham Soho Square, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback!

I'm so glad you had a chance to enjoy the amenities! I will definitely share your compliments with Paul!

We hope to see you again soon when travel brings you this way!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Instagram: Jimmytheadventurer

Before the Westin came to town this was my hotel of choice. It’s conveniently located in the heart of homewoods soho square. You’re very close to a great choice of shops and restaurants. Be sure to visit Daniel George and Gianmarcos!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Elaine P, General Manager at aloft Birmingham Soho Square, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Thanks for the five star review!

We appreciate your business. I'm glad you had a chance to visit the local restaurants and shops. We hope to see you again soon when travel brings you back our way.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival it was unclear where to park for check-in. Walked into reception and there was no one attending. After a few minutes someone came through a door to check us in. Opening the door to the room, it smelled like my high old school boys’ locker room-sweaty and glandular. My wife suggested we turn the A/C down to get rid of the ‘musty’ smell. I will give them credit that the A/C worked extremely well on the room temperature but didn’t dent the smell. Also, the night latch on the door was faulty. Leaving a night light on in the bathroom also lit up the bedroom because, for some strange reason, they designed a window between the bedroom and the shower.

The next day we were out early and I advised the front desk attendant of the faulty night latch and was assured it would be fixed. During lunch that we hadn’t checked out yet and I explained that we had reserved two nights and the hotel assured me all was well. That night we came back to a room that had not had maid service and, of course, the night latch still didn’t work and it still smelled like 900 adolescent jock straps were hanging in the closet. Do, the wife dispatched me to the front desk for clean towels. The front desk attendant got me fresh towels and gave me a $5 voucher for the bar.

Great location but woefully underperformed the $155/night rate. Markets itself as hip and different. My experience was different but definitely not cool.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert J
Elaine P, General Manager at aloft Birmingham Soho Square, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Please accept my apology. It is embarrassing the issues you encountered here, and I really appreciate you taking the time to offer feedback about your experiences. I can assure you, the appropriate personnel and team members will be addressed to prevent such issues in the future.

Exceptional service and accommodations are top priority for all of our guests, and clearly, we did not meet those expectations during your visit.

We hope you will give us another try should travel bring you this way.

Regards,

Elaine Powell

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Terrible experience at this hotel. Room was musty and stinky at arrival, deadbolt was not working (not properly aligned), and our room was not cleaned after the first night. Front desk offered a $5 store voucher for the inconvenience. Will not stay here again!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank johnsonfamily2018

Please accept my apology for the issues with your guest room, and my team's poor response.

We pride ourselves on offering exceptional service and accommodations, and yet, we clearly did not meet those standards during your visit. I truly appreciate you letting us know and taking the time to give feedback.

The issues will definitely be addressed.

Should travel bring you back to Birmingham, we hope you will give us another try to show you the Aloft of which we are so proud.

Regards,