“Not much to write home about”

Toke Sushi and Thai Grill
Ranked #13 of 67 Restaurants in Guntersville
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner on a Monday night as the rest of town was closed and they had rolled up the sidewalks! Ordered the pad see ew. Had a small salad to start. Nice ginger dressing and a few tiny shreds of iceberg lettuce. Didn't expect much as most places you don't even have a salad included. Pad see ew was just OK. Chicken was fresh and bountiful, noodles good but lacked any real semblance of veggies and the sauce although tasty was a bit greasy.

Reviewed 18 October 2016

We have many dinners there with the family, we are from out of State , but when we visit our family takes us there, our treat for them... we enjoyed a good wine and good service, Leo just can ask what do you want and he comes back with lots of good things to eat, you name it you got it, quite nice place to have fun with friends and family, highly recommend it to any one close by... or out of town , discover this little niche and good food.

Reviewed 24 August 2016

We stopped for dinner recently, the meal was OK if not a bit salty for me, but most of this style cooking is highly seasoned. We will go back and try something else.

Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

I've been to Toke twice, and I've noticed a few different things. First of all, the environment of the store isn't as inviting to me as the environment of Ichiban or Sakura. Of course, those are two Japanese hibachi restaurants, as where Toke is Thai.
That brings me to my second problem with Toke. From what I can remember, the menu didn't really have any Thai food on it. They had your regular Asian restaurant in America menu. Sesame chicken, spicy beef, and so on.
For the price, I think you're better off just going to Ichiban or Sakura, since I believe they are all around the same price range.
With all of this being said, I guess if you didn't compare Toke to Ichiban or Sakura, it is maybe a slightly above average place to eat. But with the competition close-by being better, I have to say Toke is average at best.

Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

If you have not tried Tokes you should try it! The best tomyum soup I have ever had. Sashimi is always fresh. The appitizer soup is always hot and fresh. Their habachi chicken and fried rice is fanominal. The owner is very friendly and customer orianted. Must try when visiting Guntersville.