“Just so-so”

The BEACH HOUSE Kitchen & Cocktails
Ranked #20 of 179 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was across the street from where we were staying so we decided to walk over and give it a try. The food was so-so but the service was terrible. I would be OK if I never went back.If you’re located conveniently close by and you want meh food, then this would be a good choice. Our table had a hamburger, fried chicken strips and chicken tacos. So I can’t really comment if the seafood items were tasty or not.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed the shrimp and blackened fish tacos. The black beans with cumin had had some nice heat. I give the food a 4 and the service a 2. After the waitress brought our food, we did not hear from her again until I was finished eating. Then she came to refill waters. As we were staying in Orange Beach, we will not be making the Drive to this spot again, but maybe if we were staying in Gulf Shores and needed an option, we might be back.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Went there with a group of 9 during spring break season. The place doesn't take reservations so we expected a wait and were not put off by the 30 minutes it took to get a table for such a large group. We were seated inside. The restaurant has no carpeting, no drapes, and nothing on the walls or ceiling to dampen the sound, and it was full of chattering fellow diners, and this created such a din that it was almost impossible to have a conversation with others at our table. The service also was unacceptably slow. Probably 30-40 minutes from the time we ordered until our food was brought to the table. A few of our drink orders had to be asked for twice. The food was not terrible, and not exceptional. So-so food, slow service, and lots of noise. There are better choices in Gulf Shores.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The Beach House is great if you are looking of a cocktail and want to hang out with your pet on the patio. If you are looking for a good meal with a menu that has options more than burgers, shrimp and one type of fish, I would recommend going somewhere else. The Beach House Kitchen was just okay.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

We waited too long to go to dinner and most places were packed we found this place by accident. The drinks were pretty good I had the jalapeño strawberry margarita and my husband had a hurricane. The spring rolls we had for an appetizer were really good!! My grouper and fries were also delicious but I tell you those black beans in the cup were the hit of the table! My husband kept stealing bites of them. One of the best meals we have had in Gulf Shores!!

1  Thank candacenp