All reviews clubhouse pool village hideaway coast restaurant off the beaten path catalina building fort morgan kids activities ice cream shop great resort through vrbo video games chairs and umbrellas great family vacation bath condo spring break pools were nice minute drive
Reviewed 9 December 2007

The Beach Club's outdoor pools were not heated, so were not usable in November. They advertised a game room, but it was under construction, and also not usable. Restaurant food was overpriced and NOT good. Staff was rude. and - BEWARE - after leaving the unit our card was charged 600 dollars in cleaning fees - including a replacement of sleeper sofa mattress, which we did not use at all during our stay. Our unit was left in very good condition, the 96 cleaning fee should have more than sufficed - we feel that this was fraud - an attempt to extract more money from guests. Stay away from this place!!

Stayed: November 2007
4  Thank Briajonnica
beachclubGulfShores, Manager at The Beach Club Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2008

As a manager for The Beach Club I would like to respond to Briajonnica’s summary of her stay. I feel it is only fair to respond to such harsh accusations. To keep The Beach Club in pristine condition, areas of the property are sometimes closed for maintenance and repairs during low occupancy time frames. The game room was closed for maintenance during this guest’s stay but what the complaint fails to mention is that we set up a “special” game room located in the same building to accommodate her request. On top of that we also gave this guest a complimentary night for any inconvenience she might have had.

Located in our 25,000 square foot clubhouse is the heated indoor pool. The indoor pool is heated year round. The indoor pool was heated during the guest’s stay.

The residence was not left in “very good condition”. On the contrary, the couch was “stained” and after attempts to clean and deodorize the couch cleaners could not remove the soiled area nor the smell so we had to replace the couch. We are very careful not to charge our guests and rarely have to but this situation was extreme.

The Beach Club strives for 100% guest satisfaction and works closely with guests to resolve any issues that may arise. As evidenced by the feedback received on our guest comment cards and our 95% repeat visitor rate, the vast majority of guests who stay at The Beach Club have a positive and memorable experience.

Reviewed 23 August 2007

My husband and I feel that we have found a hidden treasure with The Beach Club. If you are looking for a very laid back and relaxing place - this is it! As soon as you pull into the parking lot you will notice the exquisite grounds maintenance. Once you see the 5 pools you will know the you have made the right choice in where to vacation. Palms trees everywhere! When we visit this resort we actually feel like we are in a tropical paradise. The beach have beautiful white sand and the famous emerald water of the emerald coast. We think the best time to go is in late September or early October - still warm enough to swim in the pools, but perfect weather to lay under the umbrella on the beach and not sweat to death. The Restaurant at the club has very good food; it is a little expensive, but the food is good and the atmosphere (if you sit outside overlooking the main pool, palm trees, and ocean) is wonderful. Book your room using VRBO.com - be sure to look at the pics of the rooms because they are all individually owned & you get a better deal by booking directly with the owner instead of the club. We recommend Doral penthouse 3D or Doral club level 1606.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
5  Thank jessi1832
Reviewed 16 August 2007

Check my profile - I hardly ever give 5 stars. Heres why.

We stayed for 3 nights-2 couples. This complex is about 12 miles from the main gulf shores area, so every time you want to go buy seafood, play mini golf, etc... you have that extra drive. To keep in mind. We went twice, no biggie. Arrive well prepared (though the store on site is pretty good).

Check in at 3pm was hassle free, the unit - Avalon 802 was very clean, had the best view of the 4 buildings - I would say look for the numbers that correspond to that building. you get corner unites that overlook the pool area and beach, from the side. Inside was very nice, bigger than expected and had the amenities you would expect from a furnished condo. Plus HBO and 120 channels. Obviously each condo is different, I can only take mine as the average and it was great.

The beach was beautiful and we never heard the word jellyfish. The pools and grounds were huge and well kept. The clubhouse had free DVD rental, free video games, bar, restos, indoor pool, gym, etc...

Back to the room - we had a couple of problems figuring out a couple of things and then at 6pm or so we got a call from the front desk asking if we had any questions. We asked and were promptly answered. We were very impressed.

This is not a 5 star place. There are no drink runners, the building and some doors could use a paint job, elevators could be upgraded, and other small things. But nothing major and for the price it was incredible! About $100 per night per couple at a beautiful beach complex right out of the carribean. Bring your food and the family will have a great time (and yes-very family oriented here singles could be bored unless looking for R & R only).

I am from Canada and was visiting family in New Orleans, if I ever get the chance I would return here for mini golf, go-karting and arcades at night, and an awesome resort to unwind at during the day. Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with friends
7  Thank raveman2001
Reviewed 10 August 2007

Stayed with girlfriends on Mother's Day weekend in Bristol 707. It invites you to "relax, rejuvenate, revive" as you walk in and that's just what we did! We watched 2 weddings from our balcony and enjoyed the band for the reception! Beach is beautiful and resort is first class! I'll be back again soon I hope!

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank CajunBeachBum
Reviewed 23 July 2007

This is our second trip to Beach Club and our first since the Gulf hurricanes of the last couple of years. While I'm not ready to buy one of these units, I am ready to stop searching for the perfect family base camp.

We rented a three bedroom three bath unit on the 20th floor of the Bristol Tower during peak season (late July). At a rate of just under $300 I challenge anyone to find a better bargain for a family of five. Let's do a quick review and one will have trouble arguing:

1) I work in the hospitality industry and consider myself well traveled in North America and Europe. I have yet to see better white sand beaches anywhere on the east coast, west coast, florida, hawaii, any caribbean island and even the Greek Isles. Who woulda thunk it - right in Alabama - Luxurious beaches. Beach Club is located about 12 miles West of somewhat overcrowded Gulf Shores and Orange Beach so you are also comfortably removed from the "redneck riviera" while being able to drive in when you want to explore your inner redneck.

2) Accommodations - the room is spacious, I don't know the square footage but the master bedroom has a balcony, walk-in closet, oversized bathroom with jacuzzi. The living room has a flat panel TV, DVD, Surround Sound, balcony, comfortable furniture. A dining room table is next to the kitchen with granite counters and upgraded appliances. Yes, a full washer/dryer and two somewhat smaller bedrooms that are perfect for the kids. Yes, two additional bathrooms as well so that when everyone wants to clean up after a long day at the pool and beach everyone can retreat to their own areas.

3) Amenities - Five pools for the four towers and what seems to be close to a mile of pure white sand with someone to help you with anything. What's to complain about. Somedays the water is as smooth as glass, other days you can get a little splash and therefore get out the boogie boards. In addition there is a nice village market that is somewhat overpriced, but not ridiculously, and a somewhat overpriced restaurant when you don't want to cook and also don't want to make the jaunt to Gulf Shores.

4) Yes, those inner geeks that also need the creature comforts of the internet can also find high speed internet in most condos as well as free internet cafe at the village market.

Now I'm sure there are some units better than others, so do your research first. We stayed at Bristol 2007 - a good condo AND a good year! We'll do it again.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family