“BBQ at it's best!”

Hog Wild Beach & BBQ
Ranked #14 of 166 Restaurants in Gulf Shores
Price range: USD 5 - USD 27
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Voted TOP 10 BBQ in Alabama! Established in 2014! Locally owned and operated! All food prepared and cooked on site, daily! Come try us out and leave us a review!
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit to Alabama and gulf shores so we had to take in some BBQ with the white Alabama sauce!! What we found was a little slice of smoked meat heaven!! We got the big sampler and everything on it was great. My 11 yr old daughter could not stop eating the smoked sausage! The pulled pork, ribs, and smoked wings were wonderful, and the leg, thigh combo chicken with the white sauce was everything I had hoped for too. With homade BBQ sauces( the whiskey and 911 were favorites) this place is a must visit. Small seating area but slow down and don't let that discourage you from visiting. The staff were like old friends and great at what they do!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick lunch bite and was not disappointed. Pulled pork was very moist and had good texture. Getting to try all their sauces was also great. The whiskey and 911 sauces were our favorites.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I hope someday to up my rating of this restaurant.... I'll try again because the food really is very good. However, tonight (a Tuesday night) my husband & I waited for an hour and several inquiries in between before being served our food - a pork barbecue sandwich and bbq chicken tacos, both with sides of the slaw. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think any of the ingredients needed to put those things together actually had to be cooked at the time of our order. How does it take a bbq place an hour to put a bbq sandwich together? It seems we weren't the only ones there that waited an hour to be served. Fortunately, when we finally got our food it was delicious. Hopefully, the owner will do something about helping the kitchen and wait staff get their act together so their customers will have a more pleasant experience.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

I have to say, the food was pretty tasty, but that's about it. Not your typical restaurant. You order at the counter and then sit down in metal chairs at metal tables (really uncomfortable). The place was small and did not have much character.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Really good food. They had a platter of ribs, sausage, wings, brisket, and a quarter chicken. It came with 3 sides. It was enough for all four of us.

1  Thank 1Acker