“Very disappointed”

Full Moon Bar-B-Que
Ranked #1 of 37 Restaurants in Fultondale
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Full Moon has a long, delicious history of great Southern-style 'que made in the time-honored, traditional way — with quality meats cooked low and slow over a hickory wood-fired pit and spiced with a mouthwatering, award-winning bar-b-que sauce. We are famous for our ribs, pork sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, loaded bbq & chicken bakers and half moon cookies.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

After several great meals the last two times we have been to the Full Moon Fultondale location (today the latest) has been a HUGE disappointment.
I don't know if they have changed the kitchen staff or what.
We purchased a pound of bbq pork and buns to carry out as well as some ribs and pie.
The pork is full of gristle. Absolutely disgusting. How hard is it to make sure the food you are sending out is edible? The time before today I also had issues with gristle/fat in the sandwich as well as bone chips..

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

I have been trying BBQ in every city I have visited lately and Full Moon BBQ is always on my list to visit when I am in Birmingham. The Brisket and sliced Turkey was excellent. I enjoyed their Vinegar based Cole Slaw and the Brunswick Stew was good.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped on our way home and was not disappointed. Full Moon has the best BBQ anywhere. The service was great and the food was excellent. I highly recommend FULL MOON BBQ.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Convenient drive thru for good bbq and great sweat tea. The service was quick and the staff was friendly.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

Was across the street from Comfort Inn, visited on Friday night, drive thru was busy so tried it. Menu on wall didn't match online. Was out of all wings, BBQ chicken and fish. Toughest and driest beef brisket ever with little flavor. Pulled pork just ok, mac & cheese, vinegar slaw and fried green tomatoes were good. Was out of Miller Lite, one Mich Ultra left, a few other beer on the menu. Won't go back when in area.