“Lunch on a Tuesday”

Yak The Kathmandu Kitchen
Ranked #51 of 122 Restaurants in Fairhope
Cuisines: Indian, Nepalese
Description: Welcome to “Yak the Kathmandu Kitchen”, the authentic Nepali Indian Restaurant. First time ever, we bring the taste of traditional Nepali style Delicious Authentic food to sweet home Mobile, Alabama. Nepal is the home of Mt. Everest and birth place of Enlightened Buddha, located between two big Asian countries - India and China. The Himalaya being the center of ancient oriental civilization, Nepal is also very rich in culture and arts with unique social customs and traditions among more than 100 multi-ethnic groups. The cultural and geographic diversity of Nepal provides the ample space for a variety of cuisines based on ethnicity, soil, and climate. The rich cultural heritage of Nepal has evolved over the centuries. This multi – dimensional cultural heritage encompasses within itself of a wide cultural diversities of various ethnic, tribal, social groups inhabiting at great altitude variance from 70 m. to 8848 m.
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

When passing through Fairhope the Yak restaurant is my new favorite place to eat.
I usually get the buffet, most of the time I am on my own so the buffet is quick.
The buffet is always delicious with a variety of items to choose from.
I enjoyed the curry chicken today with spinach, fried vegetables and white rice.
With my drink (coke) and the buffet it was $11.00.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

I have been want to try this restaurant for some time and finally had the opportunity last night. The restaurant is very spacious and nicely decorated. They have a full service bar with extremely reasonable prices. I had the Biryani with lamb medium spice. It was very tasty and had a kick. The lamb was extremely tender. Also ordered a cheese naan. Before the meal, I enjoyed a Woodford Reserve on the rocks. The serving is easily enough for two persons. I want to visit again for the lunch buffet (weekdays only) to be able to sample different dished.

Reviewed 12 December 2016 via mobile

We eat at the yak at least once a week. The lunch buffet is fast and tastes great. I have ordered from the menu as well. They have yet to disappoint.

Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

How wonderful to find unusual cuisine in this area and then for the food to not disappoint! My husband and I went there for dinner but I would be interested in trying their lunch buffet, just to see the different choices available.

Reviewed 20 July 2016

What a welcome addition to Fairhope. Culinary diversity is lacking in Fairhope and Yak is helping fill the void. I have ordered from the menu at night and wasn't really sure what I was ordering, but everything was delicious. If you aren't sure what to order you may want to go to the lunch buffet. I've never had anything I didn't like.