“Good Pizza Stop”

Rotolo's Pizzeria
Ranked #43 of 125 Restaurants in Fairhope
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 29 June 2018

This is a good place to go sit have a beer or drink and enjoy a freshly baked pizza. Its a little noisy on the nights they play trivia but everyone is having fun so it's all good.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent food and laid back atmosphere!! I love the calzones here!! The staff is excellent as well! My son enjoys the game room in the back!! Great Italian dining!!!!! Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed 30 December 2017

The staff were friendly but not overly impressed with the food. We ordered a large pizza, half cheese and the other half added toppings. By the time we added 3 toppings, the pizza was $26. Husband ordered a greek salad and said it was ok...nothing special. We got cinnamon sticks for dessert and they were the like garlic knots without the garlic and cinnamon instead. A little tough to eat. By the time we added some drinks...it was over $60. Expected a little more for that price.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

Rotolos has a fine kitchen and produces a nice variety of Italian specialties. It also "sports" a bar area inside a family friendly environment. Adult or family groups will enjoy the food and amenities.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

Increasingly, wonderful restaurants can be found hiding in the corner on a non-descript downtown mall; such is the case with Rotolo's in Fairhope. Inside the door the atmosphere is fun in a just slightly campy kind of Italian restaurant way- pictures of the "Old Country" on the walls, and if memory serves, faux statuary here and there in the spacious lobby. Enticing aromas of tomato, garlic,, oregano and basil. We were doing take out, and service was rapid- the person at the counter called out our phoned-in order to the kitchen, and the boxes appeared almost instantly. She opened the boxes and showed them to us to double check that they contained what we ordered. Having had plenty of experience with finding the wrong toppings once I got a pizza home, I appreciated this attentiveness.
And a wonderful pizza it was. The crust was New York style- crisp on the bottom and chewy in the middle. The sauce was tangy and tasty, and my bet is it is home made, since Rotolo's is also a full-menu Italian restaurant. Enough cheese to be nice and gooey, but so much as to be overly heavy. Generous, fresh tasting toppings.
I know they also offer full dinner menu- pastas, cacciatores, pamesanas, etc. Next time I am in Fairhope (once or twice a year), I may well try them for dinner.

Been to Rotolo's Pizzeria? Share your experiences!