Howard Johnson by Wyndham Dothan
USD 89
USD 87
USD 140
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 159/night.

USD 105
La Quinta
All reviewsroom was cleanan ironprice was reasonableross clark circlebreakfast areathe young ladynice stayal
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Room 129 on the night of May 5, 2018. I contacted the manager. My report was the first he'd heard of the problem, he claimed.

This entry requires 200 characters. Is the above information somehow insufficient?

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2018

I was staying with my family as we were travelling to look for a new house. I travel alt for work. I do not usually stay at Howard Johnson but wanted to save a little money. I get the saying you get what you pay for but....Carpet in room was torn up. One of the beds was broken and would tip side to side. Room smelled like Marijuana. TV was terrible. Over all a poorly kept room. Parking was impossible in front of the room had to park in back of the building where there was alot of construction equipment and a few sketchy looking guys walking around smoking marjiuana. NOT, a place for a family with young kids.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Friendly greeting and neat breakfast area. The location is close to many little shops and not far from others. Our handicapped room allowed me to have a bath rather than just a shower.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2018

My family and I stopped over in Dothan for a night. We were traveling to visit with our daughter who had recently graduated basic training. I searched online for a hotel, and ended up reserving a room at Howard Johnson. I fully regret my decision to do so!

After MANY hours on the road, we showed up to the hotel to check in. I buzzed the office, and a man walked out, half asleep. He asked for my name but didn’t ask for ID, then handed me a key card with a sticky note attached with the room number and WiFi password written on it.

I immediately noticed the room smelled like old urine and mildew throughout. The furniture was old, and the bathroom was dirty. I was so exhausted by this point, I covered the mattress with a blanket I packed for the trip so I could lie on the bed. We slept for a few hours and checked out as soon as we woke up. Next time we’re in Dothan to visit our daughter, I will be sure to avoid this hotel like the plague!

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank jayceebeee
Reviewed 31 January 2018

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
sunny p, General Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2018