Howard Johnson by Wyndham Dothan
USD 84
USD 143
USD 140
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 163/night.

USD 105
La Quinta
All reviewsroom was cleanan ironprice was reasonableross clark circlebreakfast areathe young ladynice stayal
Reviewed 6 July 2015

alarm battery was chirping upon arrival I removed it and told attendant it should b replaced b4 next guest

many of the electrical outlets did not work and/or were inaccessible

a list of TV channels would b nice

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
sunny p, Manager at Howard Johnson by Wyndham Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2015

I apologize for your issues. We appreciate your feedback, and we will fix these issues as soon as possible. Also, the tv channel guide for our hotel is channel 177. We are sorry if not having this information caused you any inconvenience and we hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

Quoth the raven, "Nevermore"! Save your money and pull in to a rest area for a nap. Just as safe (with attendant) and much cleaner. The bed linens were threadbare and the spider was even pale and skinny.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends

We apologize for your inconvenience and we're sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We will also make sure that pest control will take care of the spider. We hope that some day you will give us another chance to satisfy your needs so that you can enjoy your stay.

Reviewed 2 July 2015

The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. No odors or bad smells. It was very convenient to the location I needed to be in. It was quiet and had good parking. The breakfast was good offering cereal, bagels with cream cheese, waffles, mini muffins and cinnamon rolls, eggs, biscuits and gravy and yogurt, plus orange juice, apple juice and coffee with condiments. I will definitely stay there again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2015 via mobile

Please save yourself the money! All rooms we stayed in were non smoking but reeked of smoke so I stayed the whole week with headaches because of my allergy and my daughters allergies.
Our situation was that we are locals and was having our mobile home moved on land that we bought and needed somewhere to stay during this moving process that accepted dogs and that was decently affordable and not booked up and the Howard Johnson was the best choice till we got here.
Checked into room 215 ended up choosing between 211 or 213 after how bad 215 was. 211 was our choice that we stayed in for one night after discovering someone elses DIRTY clothes amoung other things we wanted out of this hotel all together... I will be including as many pictures as I can of all rooms....I called manager and he refused a refund.
I tried getting my refund after room two one night stay and because we paid weekly he wouldn't refund. Then said he would do $264..well he would be nice and do $280 after we paid $393...OR we could choose a different room in that same building that pleased us. I called corporate and they got ahold of him...next thing he tells me corp contacted him and he has to make the customer happy so he can offer the studio apartment suite OR $280...we figured the apt wasn't AS bad. We would have had to come up with more money to find a different hotel to stay in and that just was not feasible. So we were pretty much in a lose lose situation. I went and got cleaning supplies and candles and went to work. Brought our own bedding and towels. Not to mention the food we brought with us from our fridge at home that got ruined and soured because the fridge didn't cool enough.
I'm trying to sum up as much as I can because this review would go on and on! I will say the staff minus the manager and maintence man was extremely friendly and helped however they could.
I will NEVER STAY AGAIN I will sleep in my car and shower at the local truck stop then stay here again...and I'm out $400+

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2015

The room was clean an didn't smell. The friggin smoke alarm though beeped about every 30 seconds. All night. They came an changed the battery but it didn't fix it. The building we were in needs updating. Overall it was a $65 room. I don't expect much.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business