“Better-than-expected business travel”

Hilton Garden Inn Dothan
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Dothan
Reviewed 5 January 2012

I have never been disappointed by the Hilton Garden Inn properties but, never having been in Alabama, did not know what to expect from this location. The finishes were nice, the room very clean with everything in place, desk staff friendly, business center comfortable and functional, workout room was in good shape and, most surprising of all, the restaurant was absolutely fabulous and, for breakfast, not only a great deal with anything you want for $8.95, but some of the best breakfast I have had anywhere with great, great service to boot. Liked the breakfast better than the room, overall.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank williejoeshaver

Reviewed 2 January 2012

The hotel is brand new, shopping and anything you want to eat across the street, this is the only place to stay in Dothan - in my opinion. The hotel staff is very nice, rooms are great, hate the pillows, but I bring my own, love the sleep number beds. Breakfast at the Grill is good - order anything you want - dinner not so good depending on what you order.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Outstanding hotel with a great staff. From the minute you walk in the hotel you feel welcome and a home away from home. Everything is clean and fresh and it was decorated beautifully for the Christmas season. The room was very clean, the Great American Grill had excellent food and the lobby was relaxing with the fireplace aglow. When traveling in Dothan, AL, this is the hotel to consider. Congratulations to GM Kerry Polyacko for assembling a great staff!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 November 2011

As a business traveler and Honors Gold Member, I recently stayed at this Hotel for two weeks, and wasn't impressed.
One of the front desk clerks hit me up for tips on more than one occasion. He felt he was under paid to some degree in comparison to the restaurant staff?
I arrived at my room after a 14 hour day to find my bed pillows on the floor with my bed being half made.The bed totally sucked and other guests echoed similar thoughts. Add the shortage of amenities at various times to the list, and that equals to an unpleasant stay at this location.
I filled out the survey at the end of my stay and was called by Kerry (manager of some kind). She apologized on behalf of the staff and offered me additional honors points to help rectify the situation. I did not ask for or expect preferential treatment in this circumstance. The gesture was welcomed, but never happened either. My company has a big account with Hilton, but Marriott is getting close to being the preferred Hotel for our travels.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Kerry P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Dothan, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Mr. Lexow, Thanks so much for posting a review about our hotel and for taking time out of your busy schedule to speak with me last week. My apologies for you not receiving your bonus points yet but it does take one to two weeks before it will be reflected in your balance. We try very hard to ensure each guest gets the quality of service they deserve and are sorry we let you down. As we discussed in our conversation, I have addressed the issues you had and would love to have you as our guest the next time your travels bring you our way. We will do everything we can to ensure a perfect stay. We value your business and hope you will stay with us again. Thanks again.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

I was in Dothan for business with my wife. We needed a hotel that was clean, quiet and close to amenities. We were absolutely amazed with the quality and service.

The hotel is about 2 years old and the staff are very friendly in that southern welcoming style.

Highly recommend the King Junior Suite Evolution room. While it’s pricey for Dothan, the room had two separate areas – the living/lounge room and bedroom separated by the bathroom. Sounds odd, but it worked very well. Two TVs, a full size lounge, coffee table, a great workspace with an office chair that’s one of the best I have used, free WiFi and wired internet, free parking, plus lots more!

The good:
Too much to list here…
But double glazed windows and high ceiling gave a sense of space and peace & quiet.
The business center is complimentary with 2 x PCs and even has a colour laser printer!
Good fitness center

The bad:
Not much.
Compared to other hotels it’s slightly more expensive, but by the time you add in the extra costs (WiFi, parking etc) it’s pretty reasonable/

This place has changed my view on Hilton Garden inns.
(so much so, we are staying at another one in San Francisco!)

Room Tip: Go for the King Junior Suite!