“Great Thai Food”

TOP THAI
Ranked #56 of 229 Restaurants in Dothan
Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Very exotic taste and great atmosphere. There is a wide selection to suit most people's tastes, I believe.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

I love Thai "Asian" food but this place is awful the food lacked flavor! Three of us got different things and everyone's was nasty. Taste like they cooked with Elmers glue. The service was subpar and then I got food poisoning. Never again! Thai House is so much better!!

2  Thank BradleyRi
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We've been to this restaurant twice fairly recently. The first time, I ordered pineapple fried rice and my fiance ordered the drunken noodles. We also ordered a vegetable appetizer.

I was a little disappointed that the appetizer was fried, and that being vegan, there was little option for us on this sushi-filled menu anyway. This is surprising because most Asian restaurants we have been to have a fairly decent menu selection for plant-based dieters.

We ordered our two dishes for the main meal and even though we specified no animal products (no eggs, etc.), there were visible chunks of egg in each. We are not complainers, so we just ate around them. All in all, it was pretty good, and I made a mental note of visiting here again sometime soon just to get these two same dishes.

Well, that time came last week. We decided to go here again and have the same meals. My fiance spotted a vegetable soup on the menu that we hadn't previously noticed, so we ordered that, and it was pretty good. The serving size was huge, definitely for sharing with at least 2 people.

My fiance again ordered the drunken noodle. I wasn't in the mood for the pineapple fried rice this time, so I, too, decided to order the drunken noodle. I remember having a few bites of his last time, and it being just a little bit spicy and something I'd like to try for my main meal.

When we began ordering, the nice waitress caught on that we were asking her to remove animal products from our meals. She even asked if we were vegetarian or vegan, and then commented that she had remembered us. I was very pleased about her memory and commented so.

She reiterated that she would have all egg, etc. and fish sauce removed from the drunken noodle. I was happy that they seemed they were being more attentive this time to our menu request, and our meals would come this time without egg.

Well, the dinners definitely came without egg, but could have used a fire extinguisher! Both of our portions of drunken noodle were so spicy hot that they were nearly inedible. I don't know if the recipe really does need the fish sauce to stabilize the flavor more, or what, but if I was without water, I would have probably fainted. It was not good like this at all, and in general very disappointing.

Later, I said to my fiance that next time I'd probably get one of each meal again and we could split both (the drunken noodle and the pineapple fried rice)...and he said, "Or we could just not go there again."

Well, I think I'd give it a try again with just the pineapple fried rice in retrospect. I'm not taking the chances on the super fire hot drunken noodle. I do like this place because it's nice, clean and never crowded. But, they really do need to rework their menu to have more vegeterian/vegan options. It's still a toss-up on whether or not we will make an effort to go back, unfortunately.

2  Thank pattyp814
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

It has been well over a year since I last visited.
New Ownership and a new menu have added some variety to an already good restaurant.

I had the salmon teriyaki box. At $8.50 this was more food than I could eat. Very good quality.

The real gem here is Pad Thai chicken. Excellent with flat noodles and grilled chicken. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 11 July 2013

Restaurant is expanding to serve "all kinds of Asian food" but not doing a great job of any of it. Not impressive and a bit overpriced ($10.95 for teriyaki chicken).

2  Thank d p

Been to TOP THAI? Share your experiences!