“You are on an Island - Enjoy it”

Isle Dauphine Golf Club
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 21 May 2017

OK - So you are not on Pebble Beach. If you expected perfect gold coarse conditions don't come here and complain on Trip Advisor. This coarse gets pounded by hurricanes every 20 years or so. It's far from perfect but It's cheap and outdoors and you are golfing. Tee it up and let it fly. Move your ball a little if it's stuck in a rut. The greens bounce all over the place. This beats the heck out of sitting in a cube working all day for the man. Enjoy the time.

1  Thank Troy R

Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

Read all the reviews so I new what I was going for. Did not putt one time as the greens are not useable.

Walked 18 on this beautiful golf course right in the sand dunes. Enjoyed playing tee to green. Paid $25 for the walk. Classic old seaside layout with great potential. Thing is the course has no grass. Some fairways have a little, some have none. Tee boxes the same.

For me I enjoyed the walk and hitting the shots required. But that is me and I am a junckie.

If you want to play golf this course cannot be played. No score keeping. No putting. Maybe someday.

Talked to the owner and he is making a go of it on his own. I applaud his effort, but at this time I can not recommend this course.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

We were so excited when the course reopened a few years ago as it is the only course close to Dauphin Island. We bring our kids here to play and it is very family friendly. Staff works very hard and is very friendly.

1  Thank Crystal S
Reviewed 2 April 2017

We were on spring break and to swing some clubs after a winter layoff. They warned us it was rough and boy was that correct. We bet in its heyday it was an incredible course but the new management has a long way to go. Holes along the water were basically big sand traps and the greens were like nothing we have ever experienced. I commend the people trying to bring it back to like and would love to play it again in a few years.