See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 May 2016 via mobile

This is one of the worst hotel I have ever been to. The bed sheet had oil and other marks - extremely dirty. The bed was also very hard. The room was extremely small. All the furniture is of 1800s. It's more like a lodge. There are far better hotels one can get on this price.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 March 2016

A very Basic hotel....Kolkata's first dormitory room..No breakfast....the only good thing about this hotel is the location. Kolkata's night life is just infront of you. New market is 3~4 min walking....lots of street food nearby...

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank ekakipothik
Reviewed 25 February 2016

I stayed one night in this hotel, in the male dormitory. Lockers (though you have to bring your own lock), free wifi, beds are tidy and well arranged so the movement in the lower bed doesnt reach the upper and viceversa. Shared bathroom with some showers and WC, they were periodically cleaned overnight. Security guard at the door. Lower beds have a curtain for improved privacy. Very good location. If I ever visit Kolkata again I'm choosing this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank X5r32
Reviewed 25 January 2016

Hotel has good rooms but I expect more neatness and cleanliness. Hotel's floor distribution is kinda confusing. But I get helped from receptions and they dropped me in the NSCBIA at 4:30 am at exact time. This is a good point I would say for them.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 December 2015 via mobile

I didn't actually stay in this hotel because the guy at reception told me the dorm was only for men.Since I had already paid he said I could put that money towards a private room, which cost for times as much as the dorm. I couldn't afford it so I asked for a refund. He refused and told me to call the booking agency so I called cleartrip and the guy was equally useless. I never got my money back and I had to find somewhere else for the night. No where on the hotel website or booking site does it mention such sexist policy.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo