See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 September 2014

Hi,Stayed here in dormitory which was good and clean .They should have also provided locks which would have been better.Overall good experience.It is also located at a walking distance from metro and in the heart of city.

Room Tip: take your locks if you stay in dormitory.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank 560Anshu
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I really enjoy stay in the hotel. What do you expect in just Rs. 350/- per day. All are there Air Conditioned Dormitory, neat and clean bathroom, Filtered water, T.V., the most I like their wardrobe where I left my luggage without any tension. Location is very good. Overall I like it very much!!!! ... note it Dormitory is only for Gents.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
4  Thank Kd S
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I went Kolkata with my family for vacation last week for 3 days. I stayed in Hotel Pushpak International. We had booked 2 rooms there. But they gave us 2 rooms far from each other there was no choice of rooms. One of the room was too small. The both rooms were dirty as well as the bathrooms.The bathroom glasses were broken. Showers were not working. Room ac was working very poorly, actually not working at all. Hotel staffs were not helpfull. We stayed there for 2 days but noone cleaned or sweeped the rooms once. Food was very poor but rate was high. Rotis were like papad. It was a very poor experience there.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing to market.. wonderful view. Avoid backside rooms like 205 etc.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank AnshumanM2014
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Compared to the experience of other people, my stay at Pushpak as been almost completely positive. Nice hot running shower, clean room, great AC, paid 1300 rupees for my single room (which seems to be a lot less than most of the competition). Initially the guy at reception told me the price was 1600, but I told him the website said 1400. He said that didn't include tax(?). Putting aside that I could have booked the hotel for that amount on booking.com, he didn't argue, and instead reduced the room cost to 1300 rupees, to my surprise. I am used to paying much less for my rooms in India as a backpacker, but Kolkata seems to be all round more expensive.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Naadim
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel couple of times and I found it decent, its near to the heart of the city, so major destinations are close, Park Street is adjacent, so you get plenty of options for food and drinks. I wont say that the rooms are very clean, but its having minimum standards, its not expensive and good for a short stay.

Room Tip: Avoid road side rooms and choose the ones with windows.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo