See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I really enjoy stay in the hotel. What do you expect in just Rs. 350/- per day. All are there Air Conditioned Dormitory, neat and clean bathroom, Filtered water, T.V., the most I like their wardrobe where I left my luggage without any tension. Location is very good. Overall I like it very much!!!! ... note it Dormitory is only for Gents.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
4  Thank Kd S
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I went Kolkata with my family for vacation last week for 3 days. I stayed in Hotel Pushpak International. We had booked 2 rooms there. But they gave us 2 rooms far from each other there was no choice of rooms. One of the room was too small. The both rooms were dirty as well as the bathrooms.The bathroom glasses were broken. Showers were not working. Room ac was working very poorly, actually not working at all. Hotel staffs were not helpfull. We stayed there for 2 days but noone cleaned or sweeped the rooms once. Food was very poor but rate was high. Rotis were like papad. It was a very poor experience there.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing to market.. wonderful view. Avoid backside rooms like 205 etc.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank AnshumanM2014
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Compared to the experience of other people, my stay at Pushpak as been almost completely positive. Nice hot running shower, clean room, great AC, paid 1300 rupees for my single room (which seems to be a lot less than most of the competition). Initially the guy at reception told me the price was 1600, but I told him the website said 1400. He said that didn't include tax(?). Putting aside that I could have booked the hotel for that amount on booking.com, he didn't argue, and instead reduced the room cost to 1300 rupees, to my surprise. I am used to paying much less for my rooms in India as a backpacker, but Kolkata seems to be all round more expensive.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Naadim
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel couple of times and I found it decent, its near to the heart of the city, so major destinations are close, Park Street is adjacent, so you get plenty of options for food and drinks. I wont say that the rooms are very clean, but its having minimum standards, its not expensive and good for a short stay.

Room Tip: Avoid road side rooms and choose the ones with windows.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank go4subir3d
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel seemed the best of the ones we were shown in the price range and location. The rooms were expensive compared to what we found elsewhere in India, but seemed good value for money in Kolkata. We were a party of 4 in 2 rooms. We had rooms across the hall from each other. The rooms were not quite clean and I don't think I would have been happy with the sheets, but we brought our own sleeping bags so that was ok. Staff were friendly and helpful, and we found the doorman to be a real sweetheart. The location is in the heart of the Lonely Planet guide's recommended accommodation area. We found a lot of the places we could walk to a lot of the places we wanted to see (but we do love walking and a 30-minute walk is nothing to us). We also found that taxi drivers didn't seem to know where they were going in Kolkata anyway (they often had to stop and ask directions).
We ordered from the room service menu once and it was a lovely surprise. The food was fresh and really tasty. The downside was that we all seemed to have headaches and sinus pain the whole time we stayed there. I don't know if this was due to Kolkata's general pollution, or if it was to do with the faintly diesel smell I noticed in our room, but I do know we all felt better as soon as we moved on.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends