See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Compared to the experience of other people, my stay at Pushpak as been almost completely positive. Nice hot running shower, clean room, great AC, paid 1300 rupees for my single room (which seems to be a lot less than most of the competition). Initially the guy at reception told me the price was 1600, but I told him the website said 1400. He said that didn't include tax(?). Putting aside that I could have booked the hotel for that amount on booking.com, he didn't argue, and instead reduced the room cost to 1300 rupees, to my surprise. I am used to paying much less for my rooms in India as a backpacker, but Kolkata seems to be all round more expensive.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Naadim
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed in this hotel couple of times and I found it decent, its near to the heart of the city, so major destinations are close, Park Street is adjacent, so you get plenty of options for food and drinks. I wont say that the rooms are very clean, but its having minimum standards, its not expensive and good for a short stay.

Room Tip: Avoid road side rooms and choose the ones with windows.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank go4subir3d
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel seemed the best of the ones we were shown in the price range and location. The rooms were expensive compared to what we found elsewhere in India, but seemed good value for money in Kolkata. We were a party of 4 in 2 rooms. We had rooms across the hall from each other. The rooms were not quite clean and I don't think I would have been happy with the sheets, but we brought our own sleeping bags so that was ok. Staff were friendly and helpful, and we found the doorman to be a real sweetheart. The location is in the heart of the Lonely Planet guide's recommended accommodation area. We found a lot of the places we could walk to a lot of the places we wanted to see (but we do love walking and a 30-minute walk is nothing to us). We also found that taxi drivers didn't seem to know where they were going in Kolkata anyway (they often had to stop and ask directions).
We ordered from the room service menu once and it was a lovely surprise. The food was fresh and really tasty. The downside was that we all seemed to have headaches and sinus pain the whole time we stayed there. I don't know if this was due to Kolkata's general pollution, or if it was to do with the faintly diesel smell I noticed in our room, but I do know we all felt better as soon as we moved on.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I arrived to realise the dorm i had pre booked was for males only so was unable to stay there not what you need as a female lone traveller after a long train journey! The staff were very unhelpful and rude ann offered no help apart from a room fo 1300 baring in mind my dorm was for 250!!! I couldnt stay there and would like a full refund from clear trip as this should be stated in the description!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 24 February 2014

I checked in this hotel on 14th February, 2014 with my wife and stayed 2 nights at room#205, as I couldn't find a room in my intended hotel. The room was very dirty even after they cleaned it. and the toilet was worst, I had to buy a pair of sleeper to enter into it as they don't provide any. They took 1800INR/Night and it was never a 1800 Inr hotel. I will never check in to this hotel again,

Room Tip: Don't take any back side rooms such as 205,204.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple