I stayed at the swissotel for 4nights in november. It was my first time to Kolkata, and I'm glad to say that I was happy with the hotel choice I made, which was inspired on the other reviews here. Some things were flawed, but in general the stay was excellent and any feedback on their services appreciated.
- Jacuzzi room had non-working jacuzzi. After complaining a few times, the tech guys insisted it was fine but noone could get it to work. Management then gave me a surprise where i had access to another jacuzzi, with some wine and flowers- perfect for a nice evening.
- Check out forgot to bill us for the ride to the airport, then called the driver to come back while on the way to airport..
- Helpfulness of staff at travel desk and front desk could be improved
- Rooms are pretty small, but having a nice terrace makes up for that
- Menu in the restaurant is a mystery, there waitress suggests things not in there and when you ask for things in there, they're not available.
Smooth check in, very polite staff. Very nice hotel, although not very showy on the outside.
This is because it's part of a mall, which is a huge bonus: supermarket, pizza hut, McD, local cuisine and some entertainment for when it rains: its all right there without moving from walking distance of your room. The hotel lets out airconditioned vehicles with driver, per 3 hours. Rooms are tidy, although it wouldve been nice to have a tub. The shower is still nice however. I had access to the business lounge for breakfast. Although quite small, you can sit outside there. Breakfast selection was not that good for me, but you don't come to India to eat your local food anyhow.
I'm sure that some of the best hotels in the center of Kolkata could be deserving of their praise, but I was satisfied with what the Swissotel had to offer, and I'd recommend family to go there, especially when they're just there for a few days. It's not really a hotel for a long vacation, nor for couples with kids, but everyone else will love it. While some say it's far out of the way of the center, I went to a lot of places without much trouble with the driver, and Kolkata traffic is always exciting (or scary).
I'll definately go there again whenever I need to pass through Kolkata.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissôtel Kolkata is one of the most luxurious addresses in the city of Kolkata which offers well-appointed leisure and business facilities. Boasting an under-one-roof concept, Swissôtel Kolkata has 147 contemporary guest rooms and luxury suites with spectacular Jacuzzis, four restaurants and bars, a fitness centre, a rooftop swimming pool, and over 1261 square meters of meeting space with the largest pillarless banquet in the city. The hotel is part of a new urban development with an attached mall featuring shops, restaurants and a multiplex cinema. Located in Rajarhat beside the IT hub, the hotel offers a distinct mix of leisure and business facilities, and is noted for its unique offering of Swiss hospitality and attention to detail. The award-winning rooftop Sky Lounge is the jewel of the hotel's three restaurants and bar, offering views over the city. An in-house nightclub with resident DJ attracts hip locals and guests alike. The sumptuous breakfast buffet offers a wide range of choices to energise your day.The business centre and two meeting rooms more than cover all your business needs. Over 1000 guests can be accommodated in cocktail/reception style in Bern, the largest pillar-free banqueting facility - and a team of event planners is on hand to help you hold the perfect wedding at Swissotel Kolkata. Swissotel Kolkata's alpine-inspired Purovel Sport offers you an exclusive ambiance in which to continue your exercise routine, with a fully equipped gym and a breathtaking infinity swimming pool on the roof.The hotel has separate smoking and non-smoking floors, there is free internet throughout except in the banquet areas, and secure parking is also available for your vehicle during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, lastminute.com.au, Fairmont Hotels, Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Swissotel Kolkata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Kolkata Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Swissotel Kolkata Kolkata (Calcutta), India - West Bengal