I stayed at the swissotel for 4nights in november. It was my first time to Kolkata, and I'm glad to say that I was happy with the hotel choice I made, which was inspired on the other reviews here. Some things were flawed, but in general the stay was excellent and any feedback on their services appreciated.
- Jacuzzi room had non-working jacuzzi. After complaining a few times, the tech guys insisted it was fine but noone could get it to work. Management then gave me a surprise where i had access to another jacuzzi, with some wine and flowers- perfect for a nice evening.
- Check out forgot to bill us for the ride to the airport, then called the driver to come back while on the way to airport..
- Helpfulness of staff at travel desk and front desk could be improved
- Rooms are pretty small, but having a nice terrace makes up for that
- Menu in the restaurant is a mystery, there waitress suggests things not in there and when you ask for things in there, they're not available.
Smooth check in, very polite staff. Very nice hotel, although not very showy on the outside.
This is because it's part of a mall, which is a huge bonus: supermarket, pizza hut, McD, local cuisine and some entertainment for when it rains: its all right there without moving from walking distance of your room. The hotel lets out airconditioned vehicles with driver, per 3 hours. Rooms are tidy, although it wouldve been nice to have a tub. The shower is still nice however. I had access to the business lounge for breakfast. Although quite small, you can sit outside there. Breakfast selection was not that good for me, but you don't come to India to eat your local food anyhow.
I'm sure that some of the best hotels in the center of Kolkata could be deserving of their praise, but I was satisfied with what the Swissotel had to offer, and I'd recommend family to go there, especially when they're just there for a few days. It's not really a hotel for a long vacation, nor for couples with kids, but everyone else will love it. While some say it's far out of the way of the center, I went to a lot of places without much trouble with the driver, and Kolkata traffic is always exciting (or scary).
I'll definately go there again whenever I need to pass through Kolkata.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Swissotel Kolkata is the nearest five star hotel to the Kolkata airport. Being attached to a mall, it provides access to shops, restaurants and a multiplex cinema. Located in Rajarhat close to the IT hub it is patronized by corporates such as IBM, TCS, BT, PWC, Erricson, Primetals etc. We offer a distinct mix of leisure and business facilities. Choose from 147 contemporary guest rooms, including 10 suites with large terraces, each with its own exclusive outdoor Jacuzzi. Executive rooms and the Swiss Executive Club lounge provide additional energy and exclusivity. The high-speed internet and executive meeting room of the Club lounge are all here help you be highly productive at work. The business centre and two meeting rooms cover all your business needs. Host your next event at the ballroom in Swissotel Kolkata in true Swiss style. Over 1000 guests can be accommodated reception style at Bern, one of the largest pillar-free banqueting facilities in Eastern India. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Fairmont Hotels, Agoda, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hooroo Pty Ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Swissotel Kolkata reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swissotel Kolkata Hotel Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Swissotel Kolkata Kolkata (Calcutta), India - West Bengal