I enjoyed my brief stay at this hotel. It was a reasonable price, and the staff were friendly and professional. The hotel is very quaint, and tibetan, and had many Tibetan artifacts and small exhibitions in the public areas. I was staying on the top floor, and the room had a lovely view out over the Chowk Bizarre markets, and the hills around Darjeeling.
I found the room to be clean, and comfortable. I also enjoyed a nice meal in the restaurant, and the waiters were very attentative.
The hotel does have a lot of stairs, which might be an issue for some guests if they are on a high floor. I enjoyed this aspect personally. The hot water does take a while to draw to the room, and as there are signs in the bathroom asking not to wast water, it would be a good idea if the hot and cold water taps were labelled clearly. I had to call reception to confirm which tap was the hot water tap, which was a little annoying.
All in all, this is a nice little hotel in Darjeeling, and had a nice homely atmosphere, and the staff were service focused. I would recommend this hotel for those wanting a comfortable stay, at a reasonable price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of the town, Hotel Seven Seventeen is the ideal place to stay in whether you are here for holiday or on business trip. The Mall, main bus and taxi stands, local market, banks and entertainment centers are all within walking distance from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Seven Seventeen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seven Seventeen Darjeeling
- Seven Seventeen Hotel Darjeeling