All reviews room service hotel balcony uphill walk tiger hill rs view rates mountains
Reviewed 16 October 2016 via mobile

It is supposedly the worst hotel in Darjeeling.
I got a room which did not have any windows.. The bed sheets was stained.. received only 1 towel for a day for 2 guests, bathroom was horrible, no bathroom amenities was available except a small soap.
The food was below average, the staff was not good at all.
Cannot recommend this hotel at all

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank srinjaya l
Reviewed 14 September 2016

Recently we have visited at Darjeeling from 04/09/16 to 09/09/16.
This is a very nice Hotel having very reasonable rates, with having wooden floors and walls. The rooms are large, neat and clean. Washroom is also big and neat and clean with sufficient water supply with having hot water service. We have very much enjoyed nice view of the mountains from the hotel balcony. Food are also very good.(Both quality & quantity) Hotel service are good. Room service people are very good, caring and also very helpful too.
The hotel is also situated close to the Mall road-the heart center of Darjeeling. We have to walk 5-7 minutes to reach Mall road. All the market, shops and taxi stand are very close to this hotel.
The hotel having free Wi-Fi, satellite TV and private balconies.
It was a very nice experience for us.
Many thanks to the hotel authority and other staffs of this hotel

Room Tip: "Room facing the main road with having balcony.Can see the Darjeeling town,main road, moutain.It was very nice experience for us"
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2016 via mobile

I don't understand how this place has any good reviews at all. I really don't like leaving negative feedback & if you read my other reviews you will see I always look for the positives anywhere i stay. But this place was a nightmare and It almost left me hating Darjeeling.

1. The room was full of dust & mould & the sheets were stained (obviously not cleaned after the last guests)
2. The blankets smelt absolutely repulsive. Like weeks of sweat and urine, it was that bad I couldn't put them over me to sleep.
3. The room was freezing cold.
4. There was a large bug on my pillow when I went to go to sleep.
5. I woke the next morning covered in bites from bed bugs from the unclean and damp linen.
6. For a couple you only get 1 old dirty towel per room so you have to share even if you request more or offer to pay more.
7. The pillows are mouldy, unsanitry & so brown and yellow I wouldn't allow my dog to sleep on it.
8. The manager is rude, blunt & unapologetic. When I complained to him about the uncleanliness and poor hygeine in the hotel he laughed in my face and said "It's a budget hotel, what do you expect". I then told him I had bites from bed bugs which he bluntly wouldn't believe and denied and said his rooms were clean.
(He did replace the bedsheets and gave me a new blanket but I basically had to yell at him to get anything done.)
9. The hot water worked for about 2 minutes the first night & the next night It didn't work at all.
10. Hotel staff are noisy and constantly walking past rooms at night. Can hear everything.

Just because hotels are "cheap", there is absolutely no excuse for such low standards of cleanliness. As I came to realise, there are many other budget hotels in Darjeeling which are clean and take pride in their rooms.

It hurts me to say this but avoid at all costs. This place is a total dump!

Stayed: July 2016
3  Thank Lauren L
Reviewed 2 August 2016

The Hotel Was a Good Option in Darjeeling.

The Services offered was excellent, with Good Homely Food options available, Do Try the Paneer and the Jeera Rice, .
Rooms are well furnished with space to roam around freely, at Budgeted Rates You get to stay in Star Accoommadation.

Room Tip: take the wooden rooms
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

I like the room interior wooden décor it looks good superb.

I booked online but it was good choice.
Very friendly staff but food was not up to standard needs improvement.

Budget hotel pocket friendly.
If I get back to Darjeeling I'll definitely visit this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo