“Airport lay over - Low level Le Meridien property” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Royal Meridien Chennai

Le Royal Meridien Chennai
Ranked #27 of 382 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“Airport lay over - Low level Le Meridien property”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

I stayed here using my starwood hotel platinum member free points for a night as the Useless very aged Thai flight arrives in the middle of the night to Chennai from Bangkok. So I had to stay before my onward train to Salem. As platinum member i was upgraded to their suite - it was miniature suite room. Than I was embarrassed as I had invited some to have some grilled fish as suggested by chef which was horrible - a road side person in Zanzibar, Maputo, Krabi, Ko Samui would have done 10 times better grill. They need a make over to call it a Le Royal Meridien, including the food.

Room Tip: Go into the city Mid segment hotels can offer better quality service and better local food. I cant s...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeevaduraisamy
Jennifer B, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Chennai, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Dear Jeevaduraisamy,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to gain constructive feedback about your stay at the Le Royal Meridien Hotel. We regret that as a Starwood Preferred guest your experience was not satisfactory. Please accept my sincere apologies. I would like to assure you that we are committed to upholding Le Meridien five star standards.

I am happy to adivse that our suites will receive a complete new look and feel after the refurbishment ; I was surprised to read your comment about your disappointment with our Kayle Restaurant as generally we receive only very positive comments about the food and ambience. I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to meet your expectations.

Dear Jeevaduraisamy, thank you again for your constructive and welcome comments on our product and services. I would welcome the opportunity to redeem your opinion of the hotel and hope you give us another opportunity so that we may show you that we can, indeed do better.

Jennifer Buhr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
chennai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Been there for a business meeting which is a personality development training too. They are having a very good location and hotel. But some tines they are not capable of managing the heavy population of gatherings. The space in hall is much spacious but the outside area where the buffet and other locations doesn't suits for the high density of gatherings. So need to restrict their strengths to spoil their name. They are good in quality of food. but for business they shold not let it to huge gatherings.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer B, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Chennai, responded to this review, 25 February 2012
Dear Gowrishankar,

Thank you for staying with us in January 2012 and for your review. Guest reaction to our product and service is critical to us as it is only through such constructive feedback that continuous improvements are made to meet and exceed the expectations of our guests.

I have taken note of your comments and discussed these with our Assistant Food & Beverage Manager and Banquets Operations team to ensure that for the future we do not fill the pre-function area beyond it's capacity. Thank you for bringing this to my attention as certainly I understand that an over crowded banquet room is not conducive for productive meetings or an enjoyable meal.

Meanwhile I look forward to your next visit with us and hope to meet you personally on that occasion.

delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

standard business hotel. one of the better ones in chennai. good food but limited options in buffet.rooms are signature meridian-low on light but comfy. something is definitely wrong with all chennai drivers. they have to drive like there tails' on fire. unless u intervene they will keep speeding up.poolside is lagoon like-very green. gyms are a mess. old machines and mysterious maze of doors to enter. also it was under maintenance, so cud not use it. many doors leading upto poolside are closed- i don't know why. room service is prompt but portions are french-like. overall good clean hotel. and btw, don't mind a small bug here and there. its chennai !!!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer B, General Manager at Le Royal Meridien Chennai, responded to this review, 16 February 2012
Dear Ashgood,

Thank you for chosing the Le Royal Meridien Hotel for your recent stay and for taking the time to write your comments.
We are pleased to hear that your Le Royal Meridien experience was a pleasant one and our services met your expectations.

We have noted your feedback in regards to the buffet and are happy to advise that changes are taking place, especially in regards to the variety; our new Executive Sous Chef responsible for the Cilantro has already started his magic, creating various new dishes and improving existing ones. I am sure that you will notice and appreciate the spread during your next visit.

We are also happy to advise that the Health Club facilities are now fully operational again and we shall look at making the access to the Pool less like a labyrinth. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Thank you again for your feedback which is very valued and appreciated. We do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Felpham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2012

My colleagues and I stayed at Le Royal Meridien for 12 days last month. The whole experience was excellent, the food, rooms and service were fantastic. I would especially highlight the staff at the Dome, Buffet and Indian restaurants as being first class. The reception staff were very good. Only the car service was slightly below standard with some drivers being unsure of destinations. The pool was being re furbished at the time of our stay and this was disappointing but understandable. I would recommend the hotel to anyone staying in the Chennai area. The review by LITHIUM is misleading and should be disregarded.

Dear Mike D,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

It is indeed a pleasure to have such special customers like yourself who do take the time to convey their thanks and positive observations.

I have copied your comments to the various departments and also posted them on our notice board so that all my associates may relate to your experience and appreciate the results.

We are sorry to learn that the Travel Desk , which is outsourced, was below standards. Of course this does not excuse the fact that the service was not up to par because regardless whether the services are outsourced or not they must deliver the Le Meridien 5 star standards and we are looking at improving the services with immediate effect.

I am happy to advise that our Swimming-Pool has been totally refurbished and is looking quite spectacular and inviting; hopefully your busy schedule will allow you time to enjoy the experience during your next visit.

Let me thank you again for your kind comments, which really creat motivation and drive the passion in us to excell in all we do.

We look forward to welcoming you back,

UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

I used this hotel from 2nd January 2012. Here is the experience that I and colleagues have had at the Le Meridein Chennai.

1. The rooms were unclean, old, stank and in need of total refurbishment. There were also insects there which was unnerving. The lighting in the room was poor, as was the case in the passges leading to the room.

2. The food was bland and not properly catered for. Eg., olvies mixed with grapes, coffee which tasted like water

3. The pool was simply not operational - it should have been or we should have been informed beforhand that it was out of use.

4. The travel desk was a rip-off - do not use under any circumstance - A return journey to the Raission cost an inordinate amount - paid as I had a delegation to manage. It should not have cost the amount I paid. They alos lied by stating that taxis in Chennai in the evening were not available and if they were would entail an hours wait.

When arriving at the airport for the pick-up, I found being transferred to cars in journey - very poor and unacceptable

Given that I had a delegation, I was forced to chnage hotel mid -week moving to the Taj Club House which was superb. I did talk to the General Manager, and she gave me her apologies along the lines in her response to reviews on this site.

I will not use this hotel again, and neither will I recommend it. My organisation will black-list the hotel as the overall experience was dire. Le Meridein and Starwood have failed to provide a quality hotel for which they very high rates. I shall be seeking compensation in due course.

Room Tip: There is no tip. Simply avoid!
1 Thank LITHIUM
Dear Lithium,

Your comments on Trip Advisor have been acknowledged and as stated during our conversation, corrective measures have already been taken or are in the process of being actioned.

The hotel will be undergoing a refurbishment which will address the wear and tear as well as the lighting. The refurbishment of the swimming-pool has meanwhile been completed and I am happy to say that it is looking quite spectacular.
As also mentioned at the time, the Travel Desk is outsourced; as a result of recieving your comments all Travel Desk associates must attend our Best in Class Trainings with immediate effect; these trainings are conducted monthly. In addition the concerned associate on the Travel Desk has been reprimanded;

Apologies were rendered during your stay and I reiterate these apologies for the shortcomings experienced during your stay with us.