“Top spice”
Review of Hip Asia

Hip Asia
Ranked #227 of 6,994 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 December 2015

A really nice restaurant specialising in Thai, Malay, Vietnamese and Japanese cuisine. I ate Thai and it was delicious. They didn't hold back on the spices. Also a good range of cocktails.

1  Thank Simon B

Reviewed 1 October 2015

We went there on a Sunday night for dinner. The ambiance is really nice and the food is amazing. We tried the sushi, the thai spicy fried rice, a stir fried chicken and a veg Phad Phak. Everything was yummy. The staff is really nice. Shanu the hostess is really sweet.

1  Thank Cathy0319
Reviewed 25 August 2015

We had, Mee goreng - noodle with chicken, great Tuna sushi, scallops in chilly butter garlic, Lemon gross coriander pronze, pla kapong, Vietnamese stir fry veg .... and taster many items...
The place has surprised us. Thanks to the care and efforts of Manager Ramesh and chef Surya.
Interior needs to be improved as it is not up to the mark.
Food, taste, service and quality is Fine. Thumps up.

1  Thank Chidambaranatha... T
Reviewed 24 June 2015

I stepped in for an unplanned lunch at this restaurant on a weekday, as it was well-known for its Pan-Asian cuisine. The Restaurant was almost empty when I walked in, so I was warmly welcomed by the Manager & got a nice table by the glass window. The restaurant has an L-shaped plan, with around 70 covers. The entrance corridor has only a few four-seater cafe'-style seating, with a sushi bar at the end. The main hall is quite large, with full glass siding at one end through which you can see bamboo shrubs outside. There is also a small rectangular raised lotus pond at one end, with several open lotuses presenting a nice pink highlight. This hall can be closed off for private gatherings.

I ordered a Sam Tam (Raw Papaya Salad) as a starter, washed down with chilled Kingfisher beer. It tasted fine, though I thought that the papaya slivers were somewhat thick & a bit hard on the bite. As the Mains, I ordered a Pla Rad Prik (lightly fried Sea Bass slices in a spicy sauce, sprinkled with sesame seeds & chiilli bits. The fish was very fresh & quite delicious to the taste ! Even though the portions were large for one person at lunch, I did full justice to the servings all by myself !

The waiter was very attentive, & did offer me helpful suggestions on the Main dishes as well as the accompaniments like the rice & noodles, which I skipped.

All in all, a pleasant dining experience at lunch.

Reviewed 6 April 2015

We ordered from here as we were staying at this property.One of us were not feeling too good so we ended up ordering room service.I was a little skeptical because they had Thai , Japanese , Malay ,And Vietnamese cuisine and I wasn't very sure they could churn up all these equally well.But nevertheless we went ahead and pretty much ordered one dish from most cuisines on offer.Boy , were we surprised ! Whatever we asked for was delectable and very well prepared.I am a very finicky eater and if they didn't give me a chance to crib or complain , I can assure you that every penny spent here is worth it.